Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NSDAP Stickpin

Article about: Until September of 1939, jewelers in England and the US both continued to make pieces for Germans and German patriots. And why wouldn't they? There was no state of war between the countries

I've seen pins like these for many years. It is simply a "I support my country and government" pin. It could be worn by anyone-even women. It's not a rare item or worth a huge amount of money, but it is a nice little pin. Yes, "Good Luck" or Indian pins can sometimes be tilted and Nazi pins can sometimes be sitting flat also. Sometimes a Good Luck pin will have a backwards swastika as well. But I believe that this is a period German pin and as such it could not be anything but a support pin. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it in any case. If it Really bothers you, you can always simply drop it in an envelope and send it to me and I'll make sure it stays out of your sight.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Stickpin
    P
    Many

?

Of potential interest (but not necessarily relevance ) is this page from a 1933-34 catalog, showing some unofficial NSDAP-related products. One such product is an ordinary supporter pin, which would obviously be Nazi-related (in person if not in this black and white ad) due to its use of the national/Party colors. Notice the pebbled Hakenkreuz stickpin, though; without this catalog, it could just as well be said that it's simply a pre-WWII American or British good luck symbol. There are other such catalogs and photos in existence which can prove an object's NSDAP connection, but unfortunately, many such items remain uncertain for now.

NSDAP Stickpin

(I'd like to have that little whistle.)

The above is taken from this catalog, which Mr. Jo Rivett has kindly taken the time to scan and make public for all to see. It's an excellent resource and I recommend creating a free account on his website for other such material and information.

Speaking of catalogs... I have an Assman Preisliste that I picked up last year. It also has some interesting info. I don't know much about it and I can only speak/read a little german. I will create another post and link back shortly. If anyone wants this stickpin, it's definitely up for trade. I'm more of a flag, armband, buckle cloth/wool collector anyway. I can add cash if needed.

?

Quote by naptime View Post
    Speaking of catalogs... I have an Assman Preisliste that I picked up last year. It also has some interesting info. I don't know much about it and I can only speak/read a little german. I will create another post and link back shortly.
    That will be very interesting!

I stand by post 2
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

If half a century in a hobby isn't enough, I guess it isn't worth arguing/worrying about...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If half a century in a hobby isn't enough, I guess it isn't worth arguing/worrying about...
    To be clear, I'm not disrespecting anyone or calling into question their experience. I think it's terribly unproductive to assume such. With items like this stickpin, it's just opinion. There's no proof (that I know of) that this is NSDAP-related, so I don't understand why it's not fair to bring that up.

I apologize if my opinion (in this thread asking for opinions) has offended anyone.

?

Here is a swastika pendant for sale in the classifieds section of this website:

NSDAP StickpinNSDAP Stickpin

Source: Vintage 9ct Gold Swastika Pendant By William Oakley Davies - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Obviously, it isn't a stick pin. But what we have here is a swastika, canted, within a circle. It would be very easy to assume that this is some sort of NSDAP sympathizer jewelry or 'Patriotica' piece. However, it's clearly marked to a jeweler located in Birmingham, England and, as such, is not related in any way to the Nazi Party.

In my opinion, it's not a safe assumption that the pin that started this thread is NSDAP-related. In fact, it doesn't match most of the known stick pins of that nature. That is my opinion. It's not backed up by years in the hobby (which I do not have), but by what is proven versus what is not.

This will be my last post on the subject.

It's simply a patriotic item as Mr. Coleman has stated. If it's not marked in any way, I'd pass on it unless an in-hand look was available. The pictures show it to be stamped off center and that quality may not have been acceptable by manufacturers of the period. Surely there are nicer examples out there.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast