Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....

Article about: I was able to pick this up today, and at a great price, i have original insignia I'm going to be putting back on it, as i have original thread that i will be using also. My grandmother that

Default NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....

I was able to pick this up today, and at a great price, i have original insignia I'm going to be putting back on it, as i have original thread that i will be using also.

My grandmother that is from Germany taught me how to sew years ago, I know it sounds weird for a guy to know how to sew, but i think its a good thing to know.

Let me know what you all think of it.

thank you
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....   NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....  

NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....   NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....  

Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....  NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today.... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....

Hi blackheart, Nice brownshirt. The NSDAP had awesome looking uniforms. Did you find your shirt here in the U.S. or overseas? Cass

I actually got it from a guy here in the states in another forum web site.

The guy had a great price, and was getting no responses on it, and i made an offer, and it became mine...

?

That's good to hear. I have seen some for sale on a couple of dealer's sites but they seemed kind of pricey. Cass

Yes, they do seem to be a bit pricey on some sites, but i found this one in a another site for sale forums.

The price was cheap enough, way under what some people are asking, and like i said i have some original insignia, and original thread, and i do know how to sew really good, so it should look really good.

I do have a pic of a heavy stained, and damaged tunic i picked up a while back, and was able to restore it, if you want pics, let me know.

Brian

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Yes, they do seem to be a bit pricey on some sites, but i found this one in a another site for sale forums.

The price was cheap enough, way under what some people are asking, and like i said i have some original insignia, and original thread, and i do know how to sew really good, so it should look really good.

I do have a pic of a heavy stained, and damaged tunic i picked up a while back, and was able to restore it, if you want pics, let me know.

Brian
    I would like to see your before and after pictures.
    Steve

Please keep in mind the insignia is replica, Since this is a display item for my Den, and i have no intentions of ever selling it, And the size is what would fit a a very small child.

When i got it, the bottom seam was about 60 % gone, all belt ramps were gone, it was VERY HEAVILY STAINED, from where it has been sitting under a dark green shirt of some sort, and the dyes from it has stained it very bad.

On the back, towards the top, that is the only stain mark i could not get out completely, It looks just as good as the front does considering how it did look before i was able to get all of the green out.

I was able to get all of the green dye out, re-sew all seams, re-install the belt ramps, fix some other seam issues.

The O-ring type button holders on it had stained it very bad with rust, i was able to take all rust stains out also.

So, please do not flame me for using replica insignia, as i know how majority of you feel about it, but it will do, until i can pick up some original that i like for it.

I used original threads, and did it all by hand, no machine sewing on it.

Here are some pics;

Thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....   NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....  

NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....   NSDAP Tunic/Brownshirt i bought today....  

?

Nice restoration. How long did it take you? Cass

It took me about a 4 days to get all of the stains out, another 2 days of the sewing, because i was meticulas on the seam repairs.

Sewing the belt ramps back into place was easy, I picked up an old tunic awhile back that was severly moth eaten, to the point where it could not be saved, but hey, its original cloth from the era to use for repairs, so i sewed the belt ramps onto square cloths of the material, slid them into proper placement, and hand sewn them into squared type seams around them to secure them properly in place.

And not too long on the insignia sewing by hand.

I took the longest on doing the repairs using original threads, and making sure that the new sewing looks to the original as close as possible.

None of the insignia had the black/silver tresse, i sewed all that by hand also, and onto the collar also.

Thanks
    Brian

hey brian nice sa brownshirt mate good score do show us it restored! also nice job in cleaning the little brown shirt i would have made that a duetsches jungvolk shirt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast