Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKE

Article about: Hello tingmissartoq (?) .. Welcome! Please post your images .. I also own the same postcard your are using as your avatar .. Mike

Default Re: NSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKE

Hello tingmissartoq (?) ..

Welcome!

Please post your images ..

I also own the same postcard your are using as your avatar ..

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKE
    P
    Many

Red face Re: NSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKE

Mick,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have attached the scanned details of the book (evidently in the library(?) of a HJ group) plus the colour plate of the model badges.

Do you have any photo's of the period with the badges being worn? I have had a look at what books I have but canot see but I will have another look.

I note that you mention "Model Airplane" items, do you have any period plans? I have a glider model plan with a built up and a period plan of a He70, both using wood and tissue. I have attempted to build the glider, not the He, very complex model. I would love to get photo's of builds during the period, have never seen examples of my plans in any photo's of model days.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the avatar postcard (although I would love to). I have one with a powered aircraft (Me-108?) and assorted period photos/postcards of real glider (mainly at the Rhon) plus assorted aviation items. Your avatar is excellent, I have been out of collecting for a number of years and am now looking for postcards of an NS aeronautical theme if you have any doubles you wish to get rid of.

Cheers

MichaelNSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKENSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKENSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKE

Default Re: NSFK Aeromodeling Proficiency Badges - One REAL & One FAKE

Grade A (A-Prüfung or exam)
    Demonstrate flight principals with at least 30 flights. Pass five test flights from launch to landing. The badge was a round blue gray wool badge with white thread embroidery.

Grade B
    Perform maneuvers with model airplane causing the plane to make 90 degree and a 360 degree turn during at least five test flights. This badge was produced on a blue gray backing material with matte-yellow thread embroidery.

Grade C
    Perform maneuvers and keep the model glider aloft for over 30 minutes during over 20 test flights. This badge was executed on a blue gray wool material hand embroidered with gold bullion thread.

The above awards were given for different types of model airplanes such as gliders, motor driven and rubber band driven. (J Angolia)

The badges depicted earlier in this thread are the second design and were only awarded in two grades, bronze and gold (gilt). The badges in your image are the first design. I would very much like to find one of these for my collection. I have never seen either of these styles being worn in period photos ..

I do have three sets of TR period model airplane plans. One day I too plan to build one and fly it with one of the new sub-micro R/C systems available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2