Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSFK Obergruppenfuehrer "1942" Collar Tab for Review & Comment:

Article about: This tab was posted on another forum, and some say it is real, others say it is a fantasy item. I was wondering if anyone had seen one of these before, and... if there are any regulations ad

Default NSFK Obergruppenfuehrer "1942" Collar Tab for Review & Comment:

This tab was posted on another forum, and some say it is real, others say it is a fantasy item.
    I was wondering if anyone had seen one of these before, and... if there are any regulations addressing a change to SS-style General insignia.
    Also, any photos in wear would help end the debate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Obergruppenfuehrer "1942" Collar Tab for Review & Comment:  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Obergruppenfuehrer "1942" Collar Tab for Review & Comment:
    P
    Many

Reverse:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Obergruppenfuehrer "1942" Collar Tab for Review & Comment:  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Trikotage is not really badge cloth. I have seen SS collar patches made of trikotage, but not embroidered.

I sent your thing to Delich. Also, I am sure Bob Coleman knows, as he collected these things.

Wow. Wonder what the verdict is on this tab? Double Piping?!? If legit it would have to be super rare.

I would not consider this at the best a proposed design as the NSFK general officer rank tabs never changed to mimic their SS counterparts. I would agree with FB that the material is not up to the standard found in the period, especially for a general officer rank. I saw this posted on the other forum but no longer post there as it is a waste of time trying to enlighten the barbarian crowd found there. My best guess on this is it is a modern fake made by someone without knowledge of NSFK insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob's is the voice of authority. David Delich liked the quality of embroidery, and he is a wise man, indeed. But also the Leimleinen does not betray the age with the mucilage transformed by the passage of decades.
    Wim Saris will also have something intelligent to say.

Does someone have other examples of such branches of the NSDAP collar patches for senior rank embroidered thus, i.e. on the trikotage?

I should photograph my collar patches from one of my uniforms, but I am always distracted....

Bob has seen so many pieces of this kind. Is someone here an NSFK expert?

Quote by octavian View Post
    Wonder what the verdict is on this tab? Double Piping?!? If legit it would have to be super rare.
    The double piping is not the unusual thing here; all NSFK officer tabs had it.

When one does compare the collar-patches for the NSFK in the book "Das Nat.Soz. Fliegerkorps"
    from Arno Kehrberg from 1942 with the drawings in the "Organisationsbuch der NSDAP" from 1943 one
    thing is clear: 1942 one piping; 1943 two from the rank Sturmführer upwards.

However: When one consults the "Uniformen-Markt", nr. 24 from December 15, 1937 page 375
    then it is obvious the double pipings were a fact then:
    Die Kragenspiegel der Führerdienstgrade sind (ab Sturmführer) mit goldgelber Hohlbiese und aluminunium
    Kordel eingefasst.

Somewhere they also speak from Grundtuch!

Look at all the pipings shown in Angolia/Littlejohn. Lots of double pipings to see at pages 382 through 389!

Do not exactly know what my friend David (Delich) means with a mail he send me:
    It seems that what Bob Coleman has to say about such a tab concludes the discussion, since he is the party who
    is most familiar with the NSFK, and he claims that the NSFK never mimiced the SS as far as tab design.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 01-17-2016 at 05:23 PM.

NSFK Obergruppenfuehrer "1942" Collar Tab for Review & Comment:Here is the image Wim mentions from Kehrberg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast