Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

Article about: From what I have read on old threads this one stands a good chance. Reverse detail not mushy, RZM mark visible in the correct location, green paint. Sadly it is missing a wing tab. Any opini

?

Default NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

From what I have read on old threads this one stands a good chance. Reverse detail not mushy, RZM mark visible in the correct location, green paint. Sadly it is missing a wing tab. Any opinions welcome.NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?
    P
    Many

Hello Al
    Interesting eagle especially with just the RZM mark and no makers Code

A diplomatic eagle with a similar one off rzm mark has been discussed recently so this one should provoke some comments

All the best
    Doug

I THINK it s ok. Haven't studied these much is there a number to to the right of the RZM mark? It looks like 17 for Assman.

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

Images from WAF. And Wim's book Headgear of Hitler's Germany volume 4

Best regards.

Brian

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

Early first pattern with static swastika from German War Booty archival photograhs

Assman catalog photo from WAF thread

?

Many thanks Brian & Doug, looks like I will need to add Wim's book to the collection.

I would like to contribute in the sense of creating a reference "BRAND" name to focus on alicat 's quest. I invite alicat to post close-ups of the obverse and the corresponding reverse. The bottom feather has a distinctive round shape.

I would then invite member rossi 06-10-2017 to perhaps post ONE close up of the same area of the opening alikat post. I would not advise prying it off the helmet.
    I am impressed not only by its size, but how it was pressed (?pun?) into the leather. I surmise that alikat 's ADLER is unissued or at least unused. I only suggest that they might become a "BRAND" name tell-tale fingerprint to associate with one "HAND", so to speak. Thanks....Doug.

Last edited by stakeside; 10-26-2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: DRUNK & HUMBLED

MAP
    ?

Here is my example of a what I understand to be a very early crash helmet.

click to enlarge.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This crash helmet was posted by Glennyboy619 on 05-20-2012. I am certainly no expert, so I cannot comment on the opinions by other members. However, the same bottom round feather is observed.

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler? NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

For the experts there is also a discussion of vent holes initiated by ivbaust 05-21-2012.

The vent hole discussion also touches on this crash helmet started by dzyner 12-19-2014. While the ADLER manufacturer is different, it is important to follow the comments on various crash helmets in use by the NSKK, Motor Standarte, Luftwaffe, Police, Post Office, dirt bikers and converted civilian STURZHELM. I defer to the experts.

?

Quote by stakeside View Post
    I would like to contribute in the sense of creating a reference "BRAND" name to focus on alicat 's quest. I invite alicat to post close-ups of the obverse and the corresponding reverse. The bottom feather has a distinctive round shape.

I would then invite member rossi 06-10-2017 to perhaps post ONE close up of the same area of the opening alikat post. I would not advise prying it off the helmet.
    I am impressed not only by its size, but how it was pressed (?pun?) into the leather. Inspiring the WRATH of Ralph, I surmise that alikat 's ADLER is unissued or at least unused. I only suggest that they might become a "BRAND" name tell-tale fingerprint to associate with one "HAND", so to speak. Thanks....Doug.

Not sure these will help but all the pics I have at moment. Hope it adds to thread:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?   NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?  

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?   NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The bottom round feather on the alikat obverse corresponds to the RZM on the reverse.

There also appears to be a manufacturer's number to the left ( viewer's right). A better photo might confirm bsiwula1 's hunch.

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler? NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

?

I should have i in hand soon, and will post clear macro pics to put this to rest. Thank you all for wading in - a truly fascinating subject.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast