Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?

Article about: From what I have read on old threads this one stands a good chance. Reverse detail not mushy, RZM mark visible in the correct location, green paint. Sadly it is missing a wing tab. Any opini

I don't see the "round bottom feather"....is this adler of a dubious nature ?
    Don't know much on these, trying to learn. Rossi's looks like a real one....maybe a weak strike ? But MAPS one I am not convinced after all I just read & learned

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK 1st Model crash helmet adler?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I don't see the "round bottom feather"....is this adler of a dubious nature ?
    Don't know much on these, trying to learn. Rossi's looks like a real one....maybe a weak strike ? But this one I am not convinced after all I just read & learned
    Are you talking about mine David?

Mine is suspected to being pre-RZM ('34) and converted from SA stock. Thus a different die probably.

It's an old original. In hand you can see and confirm this. There is another on this forum with the same Adler (maximus71) that was also confirmed original as well.

And while NEVER a guaranteed sign of authenticity, this was purchased from a Vet cleanout.

It is an anomaly and not textbook so it will always be open to interpretation. But I'm happy with it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Real Steel....YES, you do not see the distinctive round feather on FRANKENSTEIN because it was made before 1934 when RZM certification became the rule. Evidently, the very early helmets were refurbished for the transition of the Motor-SA into the NSKK. Wilhelm Saris and others commented on how unique FRANKENSTEIN is. Even though its FINGERPRINT, or "TALON-PRINT" is different I am willing to bet another BEER that it too is Assmann.

Even if you could get MAP drunk 10 times before you could convince him to pry the adler off the helmet, you would find no RZM logo nor Assmann 's #17.

I apologize for mixing the images up. Maybe bsiwula1 can help ? ? ?.........Thanks,Doug.

REAL STEEL....as an afterthought, I compliment you for your juxtaposition of the four NARVIK shields in such a way to make comparison so nice.
    I await my TENTH stein of beer.
    Last edited by stakeside; 10-26-2017 at 05:18 AM.

?

Have no doubts about the Helmet, Adler, stampings and RZM tag in my collection. Being a former mould, die maker myself and working in a casting department I know that moulds have only a limited number of pulls before their life is up. Towards the end of the moulds life cycle under cutting can occur and quality does diminish. If there is provenance on which date Monday or Friday or Wednesday after 3:00 the Adler was cast I would love to see it. My helmet I procured from a well known fellow collector and respected dealer. If I am missing something please indulge me with more details.

All the best Rossi!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

ROSSI....I am from a much older generation. Made on a Monday meant that you were hung over and work quality suffered. It took time to get the production running smoothly, up to speed.

Made on a Friday meant that everyone's mind was on the week-end.

But it is a fact that those wanting to supe up a Chrysler hemi casting would summarily reject a Monday or Friday block.....Doug

As an afterthought, casting, stamping and cold forming dies all have an Achilles' heel. To stamp ALICAT the tooling was pushing the envelope, risking damage to the dies. To extend tooling life, it is common practice to back off on the weight of the material or back off on how close the dies touch. The Cerutti cold forming press delivered a strike in excess of 250 metric tons to make blind rivets from wire. You see them on shopping carts and porta potties...the ones with heads up to one inch diameter on a 1/8" inch diameter shank.

Interesting thread. I can't add anything to the casting discussion but, as a classic bike lover I do like the photograph on post 19 of the solo rider. He's riding a Zundapp K800 motorcycle which had a flat 4 cylinder engine and shaft drive. In fact it was the only 4 cylinder model German forces used during WW2. They date from 1938, and the design was pretty much stolen by Honda when they produced the Gold wing in the 1970's. Actually Zundapp was a better designer than BMW.

?

[QUOTE=stakeside;1786414]ROSSI....I am from a much older generation. Made on a Monday meant that you were hung over and work quality suffered. It took time to get the production running smoothly, up to speed.

Doug,

I overstand where you were going with it. Giving my opinion on moulds. Hans could have had a fight with Inga that day which could have been a great Adler making Wednesday usually. We will never really know. My makers mark could be gorgeous on back side too but I am not prying it off to look. Personally I simply don’t see the ugliness in the Adler & I am content with the piece as it sits. Just my 10 cents

ROSSI ROSSI ROSSI.....I am not calling your adler ugly. It is just a way of saying that your feather is not as round as ALIKAT 's nor just a feather like FRANKENSTEIN.

Besides, your adler shows wear that makes me wish it could squawk a message telling us what it saw....Doug

?

Quote by stakeside View Post
    ROSSI ROSSI ROSSI.....I am not calling your adler ugly. It is just a way of saying that your feather is not as round as ALIKAT 's nor just a feather like FRANKENSTEIN.

Besides, your adler shows wear that makes me wish it could squawk a message telling us what it saw....Doug
    Yes the dark mysteries these pieces must cloak.

An so it came to pass.......

REAL STEEL encouraged STAKESIDE to quaff down a TENTH stein of beer to make him stinking DRUNK.

STAKESIDE pried the adler off FRANKENSTEIN and found no RZM logo.

STAKESIDE pried the adler off ROSSI and found an RZM logo.

REAL STEEL laughed so hard beer came out of his nose.

TEN other members posted condemning STAKESIDE as DRUNK.

STAKESIDE laid down and had problems with all of them for having instigated such a scene.....on the forum in front of everyone no less ! ? ! ? ! ?
    Last edited by stakeside; 10-26-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast