Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSKK Driver diamond with label

Article about: I have an early version with white piping and the actually metal spoked wheel attached to the diamond .. I do not have acres at the moment of my collection but will post it later.

I have an early version with white piping and the actually metal spoked wheel attached to the diamond .. I do not have acres at the moment of my collection but will post it later.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Driver diamond with label
    P
    Many

As promised....photos of my Early NSKK sleeve diamond for a "Korpsfuhrer" with white piping border. The background is faded a bit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Driver diamond with label   NSKK Driver diamond with label  

NSKK Driver diamond with label   NSKK Driver diamond with label  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Looks good to me the one Fred posted stitching is quite different from the one posted. Nice to find it with the tag on the back still that's a bonus

LarryC: why do you phrase your patch as "for a Korpsführer"! Just curious!

Hi Wilhelm...I have very little knowledge of these..but I researched the NSKK Sleeve diamond and gained my information through Rudolf Kahl`s "Uniforms and Badges of the Third Reich"...as his black and white art work reference..shows 5 variant sleeve diamonds..and mine being shown with the white piping also designating the level of driving skill..calling it a Korpsfuhrer. The sleeve diamond in the first post is shown as being used in Foreign countries..which is the aluminum embroidered variant.
    If any of this information I provided is incorrect please advise of my mistake..as I dont collect these..and any correction would be beneficial to this thread and forum. I am here to learn.

I addition to Rudolf Kahl`s referred to HJ sleeve diamond also pictured in this thread..it is described as being worn by ex-members of the HJ who directly transferred from the HJ into the NSKK- silver coloured badge on white / red rhomboid surface..edged in black.

Best Regards Larry

Hello Larry C (and others),
    I explain things. I know the badge with a piping is shown in Kahl as "Korpsführer", but here is meant Hühnlein the Korps-leader for the NSKK.
    The patch with a piping was officially not worn by any other leader, but as we all know the one or the other may have added such a piping. I thought
    I once had seen a photograph where an NSKK - leader did wear such patch. But look at photographs, not even the highest ranked ones from the
    NSKK High-Command or honorary ranked leaders did wear this piping.

BUT: When the book from Kahl was published (I can't remember if they were English or Dutch) dealers, who had found a lot of the metal wheels
    in Lüdenscheid, had fakes produced. So be careful. The one shown is not for Hühnlein, as he did wear a black velvet version!

The piping was NOT mentioned in any regulation. I will explain shortly the development with text-parts from regulations:
    1) the patch was first introduced for the Motor-SA, I can't remember, but I thought it was in 1931. It is anyway mentioned in "Dienstvorschrift
    für die SA der NSDAP
    " from 1932 and also in the Anzugs-Ordnung für die SA from March 1, 1934 (see text-part);

2) the patch was taken over by the NSKK and was mentioned in an order about the NSKK-uniform from March 4, 1934 (letter der Oberste SA-
    Führer Ch. K. 12888) and further in the first dress-regulation, the "Anzugsordnung für das NSKK" from January 11, 1935 (see two images: text-
    part and drawings). The wheel could be white metal or white embroidery;

3) the patch was of course also included in the "Anzugsordnung für das NSKK" from December 1, 1936 (see text-part with explanation and
    drawings);

4) in the Verordnungsblatt der Korpsführung NSKK from April 1, 1939 things were slightly changed (see text-part):

Note that with this order the version for the HJ was no longer authorized (last part of the text - entfällt). The new pattern of eagle-patch must have come
    available just before the introduction-order for wearing the NSKK arm-eagle and chevron upon the right upper arm. Many HJ 2. Form-versions are fakes. This we
    all know. Often this type of patch is wrongly explained and phrased. Practically all originals from the 2nd HJ-version are brandnew. They were in stock and then
    abolished! Its price was even changed months later.

The regular 2nd form was not specific for foreign countries (this was not said in any regulation or announcement). Many NSKK-members never changed into the new
    version and kept wearing the old form (merely this was in tradition, Hühnleins favorite: "Wir Männer des Korps bleiben beim Alten"). It might be even possible the
    new version did not come available earlier then late 1941. Old stocks had to be sold out first!
    In the last order it is mentioned the patch only was allowed to be worn
    by those with the driver's licences 1 through 4.
    The patch with the white/black piping is extremely interesting. Details are explained in the text-parts from 1936 and 1939. The conditions for wearing were
    changed in 1939.

Hi Wilhelm..thankyou for the detailed description..and breakdown of the Sleeve diamond. Kahl also pointed out of the 4 levels of driving license.
    The black and white twisted piping example does not appear in Kahls reference.
    Would my posted example above be one of these from Lüdenscheid?

I can see in my photo and also holding it in hand that there is some "darkness around the circumference" of the metal wheel where the sun has not faded the black material. My photos were shot with indirect lighting..so it is not possible that there is shadow present in the photo. I am grateful for your knowledge Wilhelm..and I thank you.

I would like to here opinions on the material used on my sleeve diamond..that would authenticate it further..from the information I provided in my photos. Condition also is a key factor..which I would appreciate any feed back. Thankyou again Wilhem..and any who will further this thread. Regards Larry

Hello Larry C,

Often the ones with the metal wheel are being made of what Germans call it as Tuch, which I thought
    was phrased as Industriefilz or Spiegeltuch.
    This is a feltlike woolish product. I have no information about the material yours is made from. Normally I never
    pay attention to insignia, as I do not collect anymore TR for many years.

It is a pity the patch was not included in the manufacturing-regulations for the RZM (Herstellungsvorschriften)
    from 1936. The RZM in fact was not competent for the manufacturing (but controlled). Manufacturing was authorized on
    orders of the NSKK. The manufacturer bought the labels from the RZM and added them to the insignia. The insignia then
    were directly delivered to the NSKK High Command and not to the RZM (this is what is said in RZM sources).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2