Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

NSKK Kriegskraftfahrerin ▬ Win $100.-

Article about: Well, you wont win \\$100.- this forum will. And if you are a regular contributor here, then surely you will want to see the Forum-Kasse filled with \\$100.- Are we not getting slightly sick &am

Default Re: NSKK Kriegskraftfahrerin ▬ Win $100.-

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    I will surely be $100.- poorer in no time. I linked this thread on a WAF post as well, just for maximvs covervs.
    The first time both badges are mentioned, and pictured, in a small badge catalog, is in a Hüsken-Heering early 1990s catalog. by the way ..
    Attachment 537947
    & before any remarks on the images start flying, YES, i have too much time on my hands today!
    I have been looking through my reference books. I found both the red and green badges illustrated in the 1985 book 'Nazi Para-Military Organisations and their badges'. All items displayed in the book belong to George C. Robinson.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Kriegskraftfahrerin ▬ Win 0.-  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Kriegskraftfahrerin ▬ Win 0.-
    P
    Many

Cheers, the only US catalog i checked for the 80s, was Cones. So thats to the mid 80s then, as before that there is nothing. What is mentioned about the badge(s) in this book?

Cheers, the only US catalog i checked for the 80s, was Cones. So thats to the mid 80s then, as before that there is nothing. What is mentioned about the badge(s) in this book?
    Sorry but there is no caption to go with them. The book contains pictures of 100s of badges but the text only talks about the organisation itself and not what each badge represents or its history.

Good luck with your search!

Thank you, Glen.

I ...
    & before any remarks on the images start flying, YES, i have too much time on my hands today!
    I noticed !! But didn't dear to make a remark!!! As i am not that familyar with IT and PC, I tought the images were easy to make...
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I tought the images were easy to make...
    cheers
    |<ris
    Yes they are, completely unnecessary though.

Yes they are, completely unnecessary though.
    You need to teach me!
    They aren't unnecessary!! It gives the thread a other dimension; one I like!!
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    You need to teach me!
    They aren't unnecessary!! It gives the thread a other dimension; one I like!!
    cheers
    |<
    Well the easiest way would be to save your finished collage in PNG format, that way on most forums when you host the link, the background will automatically be that of the thread. The other way would be to use the snipping tool and take a portion of the thread background, and then set that as your background for the images. The latter is better as PNG files can get very big opposed to jpeg.

ER! I got lost somewhere,I thought it was about the pin backing not the colour,or am I thick.?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    ER! I got lost somewhere,I thought it was about the pin backing not the colour,or am I thick.?
    Dare i say, you must be thick? LOL, Post 1 says it all really. The "reverse" though would naturally also have something to do with it, but not with the initial request though.
    So its not the partially enameled Green, Brown, Black and red badges we are talking about, or the painted brown, red, blue or orange badges, but simply the GREEN painted badges.

In-print, (American as well as German books) only the RED and GREEN painted badges are shown, and both deemed to be original. Possibly because of this, the collector has automatically come to believe that every other color (orange, black, brown, blue etc..) is automatically a fantasy color. I agree of course with this thinking, not because only green and red are pictured in-print, but simply because i am suggesting that there was only ever one badge, the red one made by Deschler, and it was known by one name only, the Kriegskraftfahrerinabzeichen ! I am suggesting that there was never a class distinction, that there were never any any colors other than red. I am also suggesting that only Deschler was responsible for making these. BUT..... that is all humbug & will be saved for an in-depth article on these - what this thread is about, is simply giving those who repeatedly state on forums that "Yeah Buddy, thats an original green badge, just like mine.. chortle chortle thumb ups!" a platform to come forward, and show collectors what their "confident" expertise are backed up by, some meat on the bones is what i want, not just what we have been fobbed off with for decades.. a pretty image in some obscure book, with no facts, no footnotes, and 10`000 ideas as to what the supposed use could have been. Accompanied by the same few names showing us the same thumbs.

It is very simple. Look at WAF, look at this forum, and look around the net. Many are quick to stamp their seal of approval on a thread where these are mentioned. So i would like to know, what do these collectors know, that we dont? Where is the documented proof, that there were 2 colors? Or....... (horror) could it be, that those who comment on these in a positive way, are doing nothing more than parroting? This thread will hopefully shed some light, and maybe even net the forum a $100.- donation.
    NSKK Kriegskraftfahrerin &#9644; Win 0.-

Speaking of which, I am just now making my bi-annual donation
    to the Forum tonight.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast