Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK NCO Tunic

Article about: I have this serviceable NSKK 4 pocket tunic. It has some minor nips and button lost of 2. Still in rather nice condition

Default NSKK NCO Tunic

I have this serviceable NSKK 4 pocket tunic. It has some minor nips and button lost of 2. Still in rather nice condition
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK NCO Tunic   NSKK NCO Tunic  

NSKK NCO Tunic   NSKK NCO Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK NCO Tunic
    P
    Many

I understand that NSKK personnel were assigned as auxiliary personnel to different branches of the armed forces. This fellow appeared to be a Luftwaffe auxiliary

MAP
    ?

Don't know much about tunics but looks nice. Looks like a private purchase tunic.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP. Quite possible private purchase. I noticed the fellow moved the eagle from upper right pocket to left sleeve.

I figured I would show it prior to its departure from my collection in less than an hour

This is a tunic for a member fo either the Todt or Speer organizations. It is not a standard NSKK tunic as it lacks a dark brown collar and the collar tab on the right would have a Motorsturm and Motorstandarte numbers. The eagle was worn on the breast when posted outside Germany. Evidently, the owner was transferred to the homeland which would be the reason for the eagle being moved to the sleeve.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I was very curious about the eagle being moved from breast to sleeve. Thank you Mr. Coleman

Come to think of I do have a org Speer tunic. I'll list it soon.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Evidently, the owner was transferred to the homeland which would be the reason for the eagle being moved to the sleeve.
    In the homeland the eagle was worn on the right arm and the armband upon left;
    outside the eagle was worn upon the left arm. The armband normally was not worn!.
    Breast was not in a regulation, but sometimes done to match the armed forces. It
    all is explained in volume 5 for the headgear-series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany"!
    It is for sure the one or the other may not have followed the regulation-rules.

In the homeland they kept on wearing one shoulder-strap/board; serving outside
    they did wear two. The single one was worn "out-of-tradition"; the two according
    to the armed forces.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-27-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Thank you for the information Wilhelm. The shoulder boards on the tunic are Luftwaffe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast