Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK Sturzhelm

Article about: I'm interested in this Sturzhelm, does it look ok? I've been comparing the inner labels and this looks like other examples I've seen, but the "lagerware" ("stock"?) stamp

?

Default NSKK Sturzhelm

NSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK Sturzhelm

I'm interested in this Sturzhelm, does it look ok? I've been comparing the inner labels and this looks like other examples I've seen, but the "lagerware" ("stock"?) stamp is not something I've seen yet. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Sturzhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK Sturzhelm

100% genuine period sturzhelm.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks Bob! Is there a way to tell if this would have the 1st or 2nd pattern NSKK eagle?

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Thanks Bob! Is there a way to tell if this would have the 1st or 2nd pattern NSKK eagle?
    From the holes on the front, it appears to have had the 2nd pattern eagle. The mounting pins are in different locations between the 1st and 2nd pattern eagles.
    BOB

?

Thanks again Mr Coleman, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I lost out on this auction unfortunately, by a few seconds... Would you mind looking at a second helmet that I have my eyes on? The seller found it stripped of insignia in Germany and added the 1st pattern eagle in the photos. There aren't any markings on this helmet, nor any ventilation holes, and the leather liner looks odd to me? However, it certainly seems like there was a 1st pattern eagle on this Sturzhelm due to the imprints left on the leather. Is this just an odd Sturzhelm, or is it no good?
    Thanks again,
    Eddie

NSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK SturzhelmNSKK Sturzhelm

I have seen this sturzhelm posted in another thread. As it has no unit markings or RZM tag, I would pass on this piece. The broken eagle is also very distracting. Commercial sturzhelm of the period are identical to the ones worn by the Motor SA and the NSKK. These sturzhelm are not that difficult to find. In my opinion, you would be better to save up and buy one that is in excellent condition and not beat up like the previous two. Beat up and messed with items will never get any better. You will eventually tire of such items and will find them difficult to sell. My two cents for what it is worth.
    BOB

?

Thanks Bob, I reckon that you're right. I do eventually tire of items that aren't in good shape, it's really a hollow, pyrrhic victory to get something that has been messed with or isn't in good shape. I found a very nice one on a German site that I might look into. I really appreciate your realistic advice.