Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Odal Rune Armband Help

Article about: Andreas never ceases to amaze me with his inexhaustible data bases of facts! He even found Pictures of it in actual Use! Little wonder that he's a lifetime member! Great job of fact finding!

Default Re: Odal Rune Armband Help

Thanks Martin and Carl for the kind words I just love this hobby!!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odal Rune Armband Help
    P
    Many

?

Good grief! I thought it was a fantasy piece also. The construction looked good but I was one track minded about it and only thinking German. I gotta get rid of my tunnel vision. H.P. is the bomb, he's a genius. Neat armband Eric you little stinker. I bet you've had to look at alot of glass with your lovely wife picking this stuff out.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Good grief! I thought it was a fantasy piece also. The construction looked good but I was one track minded about it and only thinking German. I gotta get rid of my tunnel vision. H.P. is the bomb, he's a genius. Neat armband Eric you little stinker. I bet you've had to look at alot of glass with your lovely wife picking this stuff out.

Jay
    Thanks Jay I just had a gut feeling something was good about it and yes the wife had a good time looking for glass items fair compromise IMO

Eric

Very nice Eric ,not something that you can find everyday.
    Great find.
    chris

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can't tell whether this one is original or not, but it is actualy not German, but French. This is a brassard for the Rassemblement National Populaire (R.N.P.), a French collaborationist party founded by Marcel Déat in February 1941.

It is actually upside down, by the way: This is not supposed to be an Odal-Rune, but a stylized letter "Gamma".

(Although the similiarity to an inverted Odal-Rune was probably quite deliberate.)

For examples of the symbol in use (including one showing the brassard), please see:

War 1939-1945. Talk about Marcel Déat during a congress of the R.N.P. Paris, room Lancry, in May, 1944. LAPI-24922
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6874/1141890097.jpg
    http://www.vertetplume.com/blog/wp-c...41-475x663.jpg
    Great info Andreas !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Chris and Paul your right if it wernt for Andreas I would be lost on this item!!

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Thanks Chris and Paul your right if it wernt for Andreas I would be lost on this item!!
    Thanks for the kind words, guys, but you really have to thank the late David Littlejohn.
    I only vaguely remembered that the thing was something French, so I checked the France chapter in Littlejohn's "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich" and there it was. After that, finding the images on the net was easy.
    Take away my reference library and my internet connetion and I'm pretty much lost...

You are so humble Sir wish I could reply on something you are looking for, maybe some day but for now thank you my friend!!!!

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    You are so humble Sir wish I could reply on something you are looking for, maybe some day but for now thank you my friend!!!!

Eric
    Indeed, many times i have wondered, how do you know so much. HPL You are a great help to the forum and their members.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3