Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

opinions on various smalls

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Thank you for pointing that out Jo. We all can make mistakes-EVEN YOU. Me most of all probably. :-)

Default Re: opinions on various smalls

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out Jo. We all can make mistakes-EVEN YOU.
    Me most of all probably. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on various smalls
    P
    Many

Bsiwula1

Well, as you said, these are smalls, and with smalls come small details. Post your badges individually with an obverse pic and reverse pic for a view so people who know about specific items can get a good look. I don't collect DJ or HJ, so I thought your shooting badge had a chance. Now that I see the reverse a bit better, RZM M1/102, I can tell you that from the era it represents (by the markings on the reverse) the badge stands little chance as the markings are so poorly executed and would not have been from this era. Post clear photos of each side, you'll get the answers you seek Please, help us help you.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

THANKS Mark! All you help and anyone who contributed an answer has been great! I ve enjoyed the fact it s brought about some good discussions. As I said I ve followed the forum for a while but that was my first post so pletase bear with me. I actually have some other pieces for consideration so I ll do my best to improve picture quality next go round. Would it be better to add them to this thread or start anew? Regards thanks again.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    THANKS Mark! All you help and anyone who contributed an answer has been great! I ve enjoyed the fact it s brought about some good discussions. As I said I ve followed the forum for a while but that was my first post so pletase bear with me. I actually have some other pieces for consideration so I ll do my best to improve picture quality next go round. Would it be better to add them to this thread or start anew? Regards thanks again.

Brian
    Hi Brian

Start a new thread for each piece, brother! It's the best way to get specific attention to each piece. I know it's a lot of work, trust me, I'm very slow with the pics myself! Sorry that shooting badge didn't pan for ya, it would have been a great little find. Seeing that it was your first post, you're doing great! Looking forward to more "smalls"
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

This one is a donation pin from Feb of 42.
    I have some doubts about the HJ diamond better pics needed.
    Pic courtesy of Chrystopher Alexander.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

No problems Mark! It s a disappointment yes but no education is free so I m happy and grateful for the information. Regards.

Brian

Awesome reference pic thanks Eric! The HJ pin I ll admit I purchased it w the pin retainer unattached what you see is my poor solder job until I can get it to a jewler. I know I got it coming to me for this but I was afraid I d loose it if left unattached . My bad but I didn't hurt it tg!! Again thanks! If you could keep your refrence handy I plan on posting individual pics of the police pin hj pin and shooters badge by themselves for a better study. Hopefully I ll learn more and others as well because of it! Regards

Brian

I have looked past the solder job from the start.
    But the strange copper color and feathering of back of it look strange to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    I have looked past the solder job from the start.
    But the strange copper color and feathering of back of it look strange to me.

Eric
    Yes i saw that as well, that is why i initially said that there were at least 4 fakes.. but, after looking at it again, have to say that it must be original.
    The obverse patina is exactly what you find on well worn HJ badges. Because of the actual shape, and how it was worn (and by who▬Kids!) the ends often got bent. The patina that you see under the enamel, (the black lines on both ends) takes a long time to "create" and is created by dirt and every day "stuff" getting in between the fine hair-line cracks where the badge gets bent. I dont see this kind of patina being able to be "faked" or "applied"

It has obviously been cleaned, hence the "copper look on the obverse, and the original pin plate has been bent over a little more, and has been re-soldered very recently by someone who has no idea what a soldering iron is! The markings and the way in which they are placed on this badge, are encountered frequently on originals by many makers, M1/6, M1/8, M1/42 etc etc...

It`s in bad shape for sure, but i dont see how it cant be anything other than original! just my 5 batzen.

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    This one is a donation pin from Feb of 42.
    I have a solid version of these in its raw state, or in German Grundrohling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2