Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is it period?

Article about: Is this little metal badge period? I took it off an old german felt hat that had some feathers sticking off the side and was eaten up by moths a bit. It's two piece construction but I'm not

Default Is it period?

Is this little metal badge period? I took it off an old german felt hat that had some feathers sticking off the side and was eaten up by moths a bit. It's two piece construction but I'm not sure if that means anyting. Any opinions or info would be appreciated. Thanks in adavance-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it period?   Is it period?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it period?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is it period?

Tough call on it's age. Edelweiss is a popular symbol in Germany, even today.
    Sometimes seen in association with Oktoberfest, possibly why
    there were feather(s) on the cap.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Interesting and thanks for the info. I would've left it on the hat perhaps as it looked like the kind you would see some guy wearing in the Austrian Alps or something but it was moth eaten and smelly so I just salvaged the pin, I'm guessing because of the looks of the hat that it's fairly old but I suppose with an item such as this it doesn't really matter in the long run. Again, thanks for your input.

?

I actually saw one just like this at an Antique store a few weeks back. Problem is, like it's already been said, it's a very popular symbol in Germany. I've even seen true military pins turned into post war civilian pins by adding other pieces to it (since it has no outlawed symbols). In the end, though, it's a nice pin

Matthew

I believe it to be a period Hochland cap badge, I have one in my collection

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Is it period?  Is it period? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem