Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police eagle- genuine?

Article about: I bought this today, it was £24 which I thought was a very good price (If I recall prices correctly). It looks good to me from the front, though I'm unsure as to how the prongs should look.

Default Police eagle- genuine?

I bought this today, it was £24 which I thought was a very good price (If I recall prices correctly). It looks good to me from the front, though I'm unsure as to how the prongs should look. When inspecting it in the shop, the appearance of the back was giving me slight doubts. Is this one good? And if so, how much do they usually go for? If it's a fake I can return it tomorrow, so I would greatly appreciate your help.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police eagle- genuine?   Police eagle- genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police eagle- genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police eagle- genuine?

Sorry fake.

?

I agree with carlsson. It is a replica piece Mat. These are quite common on various internet sites. You did right checking on the forum first though, so well done for that.

Regards,

Carl

Right, thanks for the help, I'll return it tomorrow morning. I made sure to confirm that I could return if necessary, before buying. The shop I bought it from had a mix of genuine and fake items, but I wasn't sure about this one so I thought it was worth checking. I also bought a set of Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia which people have agreed are real, so at least 1 of 2 purchases was successful!

Mat

?

If 3rd Reich stuff were really a mine field my legs would be blown off up to my arm pits.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    If 3rd Reich stuff were really a mine field my legs would be blown off up to my arm pits.
    This is actually the first time I've 'stepped on a mine'! Of course, I've been close to buying fakes many times, and it's only because of the knowledge and help given on this forum that I haven't. The only reason I purchased this before knowing whether it was good or bad or not is that it was in a shop near where I'm staying, and it can be returned tomorrow with no problem.

Tom, thanks for that link.

Mat