Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Purchased this today never seen one before. Polizei Hunde Verein (PHV) enamel badge

Article about: I love enamel badges so when i found this one after 3 hours on the net trying to find hidden gems , i had to have it. Never seen another apart from a slightly different stickpin variation. A

?

Default Purchased this today never seen one before. Polizei Hunde Verein (PHV) enamel badge

I love enamel badges so when i found this one after 3 hours on the net trying to find hidden gems , i had to have it. Never seen another apart from a slightly different stickpin variation. Any more info on the badge or the organisation would be great , (Police Dog Training Membership badge) Many thanks. (The stickpin is not mine it is just for comparison) TY.

Purchased this today never seen one before. Polizei Hunde Verein (PHV) enamel badge

Last edited by jimm; 04-24-2018 at 07:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Purchased this today never seen one before. Polizei Hunde Verein (PHV) enamel badge
    P
    Many

Hello Jimm,
    nice hard to find badge.

Well done
    Doug

I have never seen that badge before and it is really interesting and nice looking piece. I like enamel badges very much too and that is indeed great find Jimm.

Best regards,
    Franko

Nice badge and interesting origins. I have no idea how old this badge is but PHV - Polizeihundvereine (plural) and PSV - Polizeiundshutzhundvereine have been around in Germany for over a hundred years and still exist in many German towns. Of course the origin is with the training of police dogs but from very early in the history of PHV there was a civilian and sports club element. After WWII they came under the umbrella of the DVG or Deutshe Verband der Gebrauchshundvereine or German Association of Working Dog Sports Clubs. I believe there is even a branch in the US organised on the same structure as the German Verein.

I hope this is of interest.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you for that very insightful post Mark.

Best regards,
    Franko