Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about SA collar tab

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an SA collar tab like this one before. Most of the SA collartabs I have seen have a backing but this one doesn't. I was wondering if anyone has

Default Question about SA collar tab

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an SA collar tab like this one before. Most of the SA collartabs I have seen have a backing but this one doesn't. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a SA collar tab like this one before and if anyone knows what SA unit this tab is from.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about SA collar tab
    P
    Many

This is a very early collar tab from a Gausturme, an SA unit before the formation of SA Gruppe. The can be found in several constructions due to the lack of standardization. White field with red numbers were worn by Gausturme Brandenburg and Ostmark.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you very much for your reply.

174 was short lived in the colors white and red. Here a survey for your convenience:

In the “Dienstvorschrift für die SA der NSDAP” (booklet 2), a result after the in 1931 published booklet 1,
    it was said on pages 139-140 that white was used by various districts, but in combination with red this were:
    district Ostmark, specifically the Lausitz-area and district Berlin-Brandenburg, specifically
    Brandenburg Ost and Brandenburg-West, as well as district Westfalen, specifically Westfalen-Nord and
    Westfalen-Süd. Since 1929/1930 it was as such, while before this date white was for other districts (Berlin and
    Westfalen for example used black).
    In 1932 a re-organization took place and with a published list from September 20, 1932, issued by the
    Oberste SA-Führung (Qu. Nr.1543/32 from July 7, 1932 and I. Nr. 2462/32 from September 20, 1932),
    the colors for the earlier mentioned districts had not changed. This was different when a new re-organization
    took place and with the date July 7, 1933 a new list with colors was published. White was NO
    longer included. Ostmark got pinkish-red; Berlin-Brandenburg got black and Westfalen got dark wine-red. With
    this one knows the collar-patch in white anyway is from before July 1933 (possibly in use from 1931 up through
    the summer of 1933). But.....even shorter for 174!!

There is no list known with numbers as from before 1933. Standarte 174 was mentioned to be the city of Herford
    with a letter from the SA-district of Westfalen from February 24, 1933 (as (448/33) and was used in the area
    known as “Ravensberger Land”. Standarte 174 was just raised and grew from the old Standarte 15.
    So, Standarte 174 was short lived, using white: from about early 1933 up through July 1933, as then the color
    became dark wine-red. In an address-list from the OSAF from November 1935 the number 174 was included
    as being Bielefeld (Brigade 65 from Detmold). This did not change anymore.

And so, the shown collar-patch is quite rare!!

Thank you all the information you gave was very useful. Are there any books on the SA that you would suggest?

If it is helpful it is great. I am glad I could help in some ways. The patch
    I classify as rather rare!

There is a book about collar-patches by Fuller. Volume 3 from the series
    "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" (from Bender Publishing) includes a larger
    chapter about SA, but this is mainly dedicated to headgear. However the
    color for the collar-patches corresponds with the color for the top of the kepi
    and always with the color for the patch for flags.

A friend of mine is intending to write a new book about SA patches, but it
    will take some years before this book will have been written and takes also
    a while for when it will be published.

?

Wim. You never cease to amaze me !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

After about 40 years of collecting uniform-regulations one can
    gather quite a lot of stuff and so.......information and with that
    of course knowledge!!

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Wim. You never cease to amaze me !! G
    I second the above. We are very lucky that Wim is so generous with all his help.

His role here sets this site apart from all others and then some.

Hurra.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I second the above. We are very lucky that Wim is so generous with all his help.

His role here sets this site apart from all others and then some.

Hurra.
    You too as well FB... We have a wealth of "Knowledge" here on The Forum.. Second to none !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast