Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this

Article about: Hello, I'm absolutely a novice to this world..any info on this uniform would be great! I know it's not perfect, has moth damage and a tear at the bottom left of shirt. Cap is missing a trim.

septdon
    ?

Default Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this

Hello,
    I'm absolutely a novice to this world..any info on this uniform would be great! I know it's not perfect, has moth damage and a tear at the bottom left of shirt. Cap is missing a trim. Also, I'm looking at selling this piece to purchase another piece. Any idea on the value? Avenue? Ebay?
    If you require more pics, I can take them and email.
    Thanks, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this   Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this  

Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this   Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this  

Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Qeustion...any help identifying this uniform? New to this

Bob Coleman is the figure to whom I would turn for such Sturmabteilung things. The shirt at hand is the long version, which is often seen in use with the HJ versus the SA or the other branches of the NSDAP. The green facing on the kepi is known to the others here who follow these things. The early insignia on the cap and the belt and buckle all look ok to me. The shirt is missing its unit collar patch, rank insignia, and shoulder strap. One has to find those that fit the cap, and fit its era.

The ensemble has some poetry to it. Good luck.

The Hitlermuetze is missing its chin strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this  

septdon
    ?

Default Re: Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this

Thank you SO much for your input.......
    yrs, Rob

What is the provenance of this material? Were all of these items found together? The shirt is a cross between that worn under a tunic and the typical brown shirt. What is odd is the metal buttons on the front of the shirt. Those would only be found on the front button typical brown shirt. The slip over shirt utilized normal bakelite buttons. The brown shirt would also have collar insignia and likely a right shoulder strap.
    this could be an early late 1920's SA man's material. The kepi would be slightly later due to the presence of Gruppe color on the top. The button color on the shirt and the front of the kepi appear to be silver, not gilt. This matches the belt buckle if I am correct. The kepi would be from SA Gruppe Thuringen. If the button is gilt, Gruppe Pommern.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the authoritative analysis. We rely on you for this role and so much else.
    Attached Images Attached Images Question...any help identifying this uniform? New to this 

Great pic not seen many Sa pics with the Adjutant aguilette,this replaced the wolfsangel tab for adjutants.

?

I saw the lammers ss mantel of bob's at SoS. in a word: stupefying. and yeh - he's a super contrib. to this and other forums.

Quote by vady View Post
    I saw the lammers ss mantel of bob's at SoS. in a word: stupefying. and yeh - he's a super contrib. to this and other forums.
    I have not seen this object of his other than in pictures, but his role here is central to our progress.

Long live foetid woolens.