Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....

Article about: Ok guys, I've checked this over a few times and compared with the originals on here, and I think it looks OK, the only reservation I have are the funny "SSS" at the bottom of the R

Default RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....

Ok guys, I've checked this over a few times and compared with the originals on here, and I think it looks OK, the only reservation I have are the funny "SSS" at the bottom of the RAD triangle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....   RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....  

"Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....
    P
    Many

Hello,

It is a very nice original RAD BeVo cap insignia

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

It is a very nice original RAD BeVo cap insignia

Fred
    Thanks Fred, greatly appreciated, I must admit I always struggle with Bevo patches
    "Per Ardua"

Hello Paul,

Here is an original example side by side with a 40 old reproduction piece. The repro is made of natural materials. It doesn't glow and passes the burn test. The key is in the weaving style. If you look at the back there is extra thread past the fold line. The fold line is where you fold the insignia before you sew it onto the cap/uniform. Most German BeVo weave insignia doesn't go past the fold line on the rear. As you can see by the repro, black one, there is excess thread past the fold line.

Fred

RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....RAD Bevo Cap Badge ....

?

Nice example from Sehlbach Sohn & Steinhoff , Wuppertal
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Nice example from Sehlbach Sohn & Steinhoff , Wuppertal
    Hence the SSS!
    Ralph.

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    the only reservation I have are the funny "SSS" at the bottom of the RAD triangle.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hence the SSS!
    Ralph.
    You beat me to it!!
    "Per Ardua"

Thanks one and all, appreciated!! and I've learnt something today, in fact 2 things!
    "Per Ardua"