Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RaD Drillich Uniform arrival

Article about: My Drillich has arrived.. Many Thanks to meyle77 for his assistance.. I will post better pics in the a.m.... G-Man

?

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear Gwar,

Maybe do you have some further information about the pictures, especially about the 3rd one wiht the sitting guys?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Alter Musketier, I usually have photos with some type of information on the back... This one does not have any further or useful information... It may have been from a photo album... I have a few loose photo album pages and some have come loose or off due to time... Do you recognize this individual by chance ? ... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RaD Drillich Uniform arrival
    P
    Many

?

Alter Muskeiter, If it is a relative or even a photo of your Father, uncle or other loved one I will have no problem sending it to you... G

?

Nice catch friend.
    I guess the white tunic is to make sure they are actually doing some work instead of goldbricking just out of sight.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Nice catch friend.
    I guess the white tunic is to make sure they are actually doing some work instead of goldbricking just out of sight.
    Hahahhahahahhaahaaa Good observation Steve !!! Hahahahahahaha G

?

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear MAP,

I read (at the moment I don't remember where) that the drill had been left in its natural colour because it had been much cheaper not to colour it.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Hessen-Sud.. Arbeitsgaue XXV Weisbaden ??

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hahahhahahahhaahaaa Good observation Steve !!! Hahahahahahaha G
    In all actuality... These guys broke their "ASS " in some instances.. Spring... Summer... Fall and Winter... JMO G

?

As I have stated... This photo looks like it was in a book of some sort. I cannot read German unfortunately... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RaD Drillich Uniform arrival   RaD Drillich Uniform arrival  

?

Congrats!

?

I find the last photo in post 12 interesting. Look at the collartabs on the guy with the m36.

And the reason for wearing white clothes is most likely to see if you actually have been working all day-or being undressed and crawling around in a french whorehouse (like i would have done for sure)

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Alter Muskeiter, If it is a relative or even a photo of your Father, uncle or other loved one I will have no problem sending it to you... G
    Dear Gwar,

Wow, that's very, very kind of you!! Indeed the young man sitting at the left has some similarity wiht my father. I can't ask him because he died regrettably some years ago. Unfortunately I am not sure and at the moment I have no period picture of him at my fingertips. So I have to be patient.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    P.S.:
    Quote by Gwar View Post
    As I have stated... This photo looks like it was in a book of some sort. I cannot read German unfortunately... G
    It's so called 'Sütterlin' scripture even for a German it's difficult to read it today I try.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast