Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RAD officer "w" cufftitle and cloth

Article about: it looks like the cufftitle has been glued in a photo book or something?! the cloth piece i don`t know what signifies. i assume it is also for RAD?

Erics in love with shovels.---------------lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and cloth
    P
    Many

Indeed I am Lol.

RAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and clothRAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and clothRAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and clothRAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and clothRAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and cloth

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

i will show my humble RAD collection when i have taken pictures.

?

Very nice flag pole top Eric. It makes it twice as nice that you have it's cover!

Hummel

these are the RAD items i currently have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and cloth  

The cuff title is indeed for the siegfried line. They are quite common to find.

The "W" stands for Arbeitsgau West (XXXI) was raised in April/May 1938 with its headquarters at Colonia. It existed from the southern part of Arbeitsgau XXI Niederrhein and the northern part from Arbeitsgau XXIV Mittelrhein. When Eupen-Malmedy-Moresnet was occupied a new settlement was arranged and the headquarters were transferred to Karlsruhe. The territory was merely north from Karlsruhe and to the west and east (order May 1941). The area was lead by Generalarbeitsführer Frits Schinnerer (who remained its leader until May 1945).

With orders from January 4, 1939 and March 15, 1939 the cuffbands with letters were introduced. Arbeitsgau XXX "W", which stands for West, existed from the staffs at Aachen, Köln and Trier and the Groups W II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIIA and VIII. February 1, 1939 the group WI was lifted from Arbeitsgau "W" and from then on assigned to Arbeitsgau XXI (Niederrhein). The wearing of these cuffbands was abolished per orders from May 7, 1941.

For making the fortifications in the west-area from all districts units and groups were send to the west border. They were not incorporated within other, already existing groups, but became a new Arbeitsgau with the provisional indication "W" (XXXI).

The small arm-shield: V with W is indeed vor Verwaltung, specifically at the Reichs- and Gauleitung and staffs for groups.
    Another exists with only the V. Then it is meant vor Verwalter at the Abteilungen (administrator with the units).

In general these insignia are phrased as Dienstzweigabzeichen and are in-depth described in the 1939 DV 18 from the RAD:
    Bekleidungsvorschrift für den RAD from January 16, 1939.
    There further do exist such insignia for Arbeitsleitung (a Nordpfeil); Gesundheitsdienst (Lebensrune); Rechtshof (Schwert und
    Waage) and Musikzug- and Obermusikzugführer (Lyra).

RAD  officer "w" cufftitle  and cloth

All insignia were designed by the well-known Egon Jantke.

What's the indication at the reverse? I cannot read it! It will be the manufacturer.

on the reverse it says ges.gesch. g.&w.

Günther & Windrath GmbH from Wuppertal-Unterbarmen, a mayor manufacturer
    for material according the Bandstuhlwebverfahren (looming industry). They made a
    lot of insignia for the RAD. For NSDAP organizations as well, where they were licended by
    the RZM with the code A4/300.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast