Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?

Article about: Hi, all. I picked up this little piece recently as it looked like it might be good. It was only \\$15 USD so if it's bad then not much lost. Can anyone tell me if it's good? I tried to do a li

Question RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?

Hi, all. I picked up this little piece recently as it looked like it might be good. It was only $15 USD so if it's bad then not much lost. Can anyone tell me if it's good? I tried to do a little research on it, but haven't found much. Any info on it and what these sell for would also be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?   RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?
    P
    Many

Default Re: RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?

Okay, I have found good resources and educated myself on this piece now... an RAD lapel badge for section 4/305 Braunschweig under sponsorship of the FAD/NSDAD. I'm actually a bit skeptical of it's originality now as the other examples I found have a different looking smooth, enameled obverse. Being marked 37 it would appear to be by Julius Bauer & Sohne?

Any thoughts?

Best,
    Adam

Default Re: RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?

For whoever's interested, there is a number of lengthy threads about this badge on the WAF and apparently this is a highly uncertain badge. After looking over all of them, I'm 99% certain this is a bad, fake or fantasy badge. Apparently there was never a camp 4/ 305 in Braunschweig and there's no place called Braunschweig in Bavaria. Additionally, if these were pre-war isn't it less likely that they would have been painted/lacquered?

Anyways...an interesting learning-experience piece.

-Adam

Hi Adam, these are bad and you are correct.

Cheers, Ade.

farttits
    ?

Hey I saw your post and I have the same exact pin. I found it in Delaware and I still have it. Was looking for more information about the pin if you can share with me.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Nothing more to add about these. They are modern fantasy items which never existed during the Third Reich era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

farttits
    ?

Unhappy Re: RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?

that ***** I still love the pin i wanna find more like this one but idk where to start I'm kinda new to it. I collect antiques tho lol

?

Default Any doubts

The Forum posts and my personal research has "saved" my wallet yet again...
    If any collector needs a resource this is the place to be... a recent find and I dropped the purchase "Before" the sale... Be wise in the New Year ... G
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info?  RAD Pin - N.S. Abtlg. 4/305 Braunschweig Arbeitsdienst: Authentic Piece? Info? 

?

G...yours pin here looks very nice...

?

Jeff thanks... I have a few new posts before the New Year and I hope you do as well..
    The Half A***ed links I sent you, Hopefully result in some good finds G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast