Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rare hitler youth badge?

Article about: I think this could be a rare Hitler youth badge, on the reverse is BM 1/122 and a circle with RZM, help needed.

?

Quote by cromwell View Post
    thanks for your help,how rare is it?
    Have you been reading the thread?....... lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare hitler youth badge?
    P
    Many

Is this area an adhesive?

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare hitler youth badge?  

Rare hitler youth badge?By golly, I think you are right Steve. The glue cleaned off the tarnished areas and made them bright. Looks like glue squeezing out all around. Anyone know if the original badge was one or two piece?

The Upper Left Area referred to earlier looks like remnants of the Gilding - Thanks for the better photos!...
    Glenn

Another one from earlier this year, same attachment --- apparently same everything, except not as "worn". These are oddly available for such an exclusive low number high profile award.

Rare hitler youth badge?Rare hitler youth badge?

Youth Leaders badge..real or fake?

Another one at a minimum bid of $10, grainy photos but looks to be of the same quality as the OP BM/122

German WW2 HITLERJUGEND (HITLER-YOUTH) Honour Award in Gold with Oak Leaves / Collectable Auction

Same badge as above I believe but here with a price tag of $1250, down from $5500, AND with a best offer option Seller is obviously trying ALL venues and ALL prices imaginable.

GERMAN WW2 AWARDS | German WW2 HITLERJUGEND (HITLER-YOUTH) Honour Award in Gold with Oak Leaves

Only source I can find really championing this version is Ailsby, which seems to have gotten a lot of flak for his putting forward of subjective opinion as fact, no matter if done in print or not. Then again, maybe there are more believable examples with this mysterious BM/122 maker on them out there? I don't know. All I know is that this is an exceedingly rare and high profile award but still it appears in this incarnation relatively frequently... something is not adding up.

I guess that could be gilding in the upper left, but it does look like clear glue in other spots Glenn. Hey Cromwell, if it's real, it's very rare. I've read a range from 20 to 200 ever given out. Got opinions going both ways, nothing really definitive.

My opinion; wear this one (in the link below) down a bit and you'd have the OP thread starter badge down to a tee --- I see no real difference except for wear and with such a prestigious high profile award valued in the €5000 plus range I would expect to see more of a clear difference in quality when compared to a £16 repro badge.

Golden Hitler Youth badge

Maybe there was indeed vastly different quality to these badges, I (and seemingly many others) just find it really odd that it would suddenly go from a high quality nice looking badge in solid gold to a mass production quality badge made by the mystery maker BM/122...but, who knows.

I only know that if I were Fritz Sauckel, Gauleiter of Thuringia and Generalbevollmächtigter für den Arbeitseinsatz, I would have been pretty ticked off if I was awarded a "BM/122" over what he actually received back then--- kind of more what I would expect from this kind of award... it actually looks the part, as in that of a high end award.

Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus für Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstücke

These badges were High Prestige and most of them were made of solid Gold. I do not believe that the BM-122 badges are real at all. Yes, 2 are known that are apparently in highly advanced collections, but it's my opinion that these 2 are also fakes-but ones that have fooled their way into these big collections. Even advanced collectors can be made to believe what they Want to believe.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

machine shop.. night shift?

Hello,
    a little late to this thread but the badge that started the thread is IMO a fake that has evolved from the previous coffin shaped pin fakes with identical markings.
    Watching the markets over the past few months this type of pin and backplate are appearing more and more on badges that are again IMO modern fakes produced to deceive.

Cheers
    Doug

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast