Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A Rare Political Uniform

Article about: great history

Default Re: A Rare Political Uniform

I dug around a bit for more data on the Reichslager für Beamte. Additional German-language information can be found here:

Hitlers Stellvertreter: Führung der Partei und Kontrolle des Staatsapparates ... - Peter Longerich - Google Books
    Das "Gemeinschaftslager Hanns Kerrl" für Referendare in Jüterbog: 1933 - 1939 - Folker Schmerbach - Google Books
    Lehrerlager 1932-1945: politische Funktion und pädagogische Gestaltung - Andreas Kraas - Google Books

To summarize the most important data:

The first Reichslager für Beamte was opened at Tutzing (by the Starnberger See) in the autumn of 1936. The camp had a capacity for 100 attendees. During 1937/1938, additional facilities were opened at Bad Tölz and Feldafing, greatly increasing the capacity of the system, so that some 300 - 400 officials from all over the Reich could attend these courses simultaneously. Headed by one Hauptamtsleiter Seidel, the facility at Bad Tölz was set up at the building that had previously housed the SS' Officer School prior to the latter's move to the newly-built Junkerschule.

In late 1939, the courses were cancelled and the Beamtenlager were shut down for the duration of the war.

The officials underwent courses of 3 to 4 weeks duration under conditions resembling life at a military school or -barracks; they were uniformed and enjoyed very little privacy.

Apart from political/ideological indoctrination, sports and comradely activities were also an important part of camp life. Upon the end of their courses, all attendees received written evaluation reports with assessments of their character, political attitude etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Rare Political Uniform
    P
    Many

A Rare Political Uniform
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I dug around a bit for more data on the Reichslager für Beamte. Additional German-language information can be found here:

Hitlers Stellvertreter: Führung der Partei und Kontrolle des Staatsapparates ... - Peter Longerich - Google Books
    Das "Gemeinschaftslager Hanns Kerrl" für Referendare in Jüterbog: 1933 - 1939 - Folker Schmerbach - Google Books
    Lehrerlager 1932-1945: politische Funktion und pädagogische Gestaltung - Andreas Kraas - Google Books

To summarize the most important data:

The first Reichslager für Beamte was opened at Tutzing (by the Starnberger See) in the autumn of 1936. The camp had a capacity for 100 attendees. During 1937/1938, additional facilities were opened at Bad Tölz and Feldafing, greatly increasing the capacity of the system, so that some 300 - 400 officials from all over the Reich could attend these courses simultaneously. In late 1939, the courses were cancelled and the Beamtenlager were shut down for the duration of the war.

The officials underwent courses of 3 to 4 weeks duration under conditions resembling life at a military school or -barracks; they were uniformed and enjoyed very little privacy.

Apart from political/ideological indoctrination, sports and comradely activities were also an important part of camp life. Upon the end of their courses, all attendees received written evaluation reports with assessments of their character, political attitude etc.
    Well done. Thank you. You can see mention of this in the Almanach der dt. Beamten, from December '34 has images of such a camp officiated by Adolf Wagner in Bavaria,

A period photograph showing officials of the Reichslager likely in 1937 or 1938 wearing the Form III political visor cap. In the background uniformed in line are likely the current class.

A Rare Political Uniform
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A form IV political leader visor cap from the Reichsleitung level with a dark choclate brown band. It is likely this was a pattern for the officials at the Reichslager as the cap band color perfectly matches the background color on the ty rune collar tabs

A Rare Political UniformA Rare Political UniformA Rare Political UniformA Rare Political Uniform
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As ever, wonderful things offered in a collegial way that shows to the mass of readers the potential for a common effort to the benefit of all. However, Bob Coleman's restless energy as a collector and his generosity with this site have been its foundation, and my Bavarian friend with the ready command of English offers us such a fine pillar on the old continent.
    What a pleasure to read this material than to endure the Kindergarten thingies as transpire elsewhere...

?

Im speechless. The hair raises from my arms.

A perfect historical piece it also has the owners name, data and even a photo. And thanks to good luck. It is complete.

Wonderful!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    A Rare Political Uniform

Well done. Thank you. You can see mention of this in the Almanach der dt. Beamten, from December '34 has images of such a camp officiated by Adolf Wagner in Bavaria,
    This Almanach d. dt. Beamten is a fine source. I wish I had later numbers, which are well stocked in the internet.....

A Rare Political UniformNazi Germany operated on the theory of the twin pillars of party and state, whereby the need to re educate the old line civil servant or the old line civil servant willing to make common cause with the NSDAP as the state party was a part of the Gleichschaltung in the years after 30 January 1933. Young persons from the English speaking world today will not readily understand the status and importance of higher civil servants in German state and society of the early and mid 20th century whereby Beamten mattered rather a lot. Such social distinctions and their political aspect are today mostly meaningless or a thing of demonic polemics from which little knowledge can ever come, which is a subject for outside this space, but such historical facts are relevant.
    Not without poetry is the fact that the incumbent was eventually deemed insane, which is a fate I can well endorse in the year 2013.

I include a three volume handbook for Nazi officials which speaks to this point. I own a set like this, and it is gold mine of Nazi state and society in the epoch and the world that made this man insane.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-30-2013 at 11:17 PM.

i am literally dumbstuck by the quality and value of what is presented here.

to see Bob Coleman, HPL2008 and Friedrich-Berthold (forgive me if i do not list every contributor) support this incredibly rare uniform with research, period photographs and literature of the relevance and calibre shown here is something truly special.

what an experience.
    thank you, gentlemen.

Very nice find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast