Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Real or fake armband

Article about: by jimm Apparently the one i pictured above is authentic but very early. I Always go by the German armband guide by germandaggers.com as it is a great source for comparison , you will see th

Quote by jimm View Post
    Apparently the one i pictured above is authentic but very early. I Always go by the German armband guide by germandaggers.com as it is a great source for comparison , you will see this armband and other nice examples on the link below.
    Armband Identification Gallery
    I have seen that site and would not consider it an accurate source of information. There are glaring fakes and fantasy pieces shown as genuine examples. Both early political leader examples shown in my opinion are of the same source of all the others I have seen in the past 15 years and fake. I have yet to encounter or see another example I would consider original since the one I owned in the late 1950's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake armband
    P
    Many

Quote by jimm View Post
    Don't understand that bit. But The rest sounds about right though.
    Let me be plain: these spaces are filled with collectors who have partaken of false or half information and then transmit it with
    special glee to others. In fact, much of the work done by my betters and myself has been in disentangling facts from the tangled skein constituted of a.) level of ambition of certain persons (limitless), their actual knowledge (often minimal) or b.) lack of same (shocking) and c.) the effects of the latter on the truth (highly damaging).
    Bob Coleman and I have been through this process hundreds of times in the past decade and more.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-12-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have seen that site and would not consider it an accurate source of information. There are glaring fakes and fantasy pieces shown as genuine examples. Both early political leader examples shown in my opinion are of the same source of all the others I have seen in the past 15 years and fake. I have yet to encounter or see another example I would consider original since the one I owned in the late 1950's.
    Bravo. And such wisdom and experience are had on this website, and not in the regurgitation of whatever copies of copies or shadows of shadows that is the norm on other sites. And Mr. Saris is also here, along with other notable personages.

The guy who wears the armband with the first post from the link from youthcollector1, is not from the SS at all.
    I mentioned this there with post 12 or so. The shown armband there is also bogus. The white disc is much too
    small.
    As said before the guy at right is a political leader, just like that! The photograph is not from 1926 at all, but
    about 1932. The SA man second at right does wear the kepi with eagle in top. This bird was officially introduced
    for the SA with an order from April 1931.

Thank you Mr. Wim. The purpose of posting the link was to show it was not a SS man in the picture with such a armband but rather a political man, as well a few other things retaining to my previous post here; one other being that the weave was incorrect in the strips of the armband under review. In the above link if you look closely at the photographs you will see the white stripes are sown in a incline, decline pattern...which I'm told isn't found on originals.

Here are a few memorable shots of Hermann Goering and Julius Streicher and others from Kampfzeit with the exception of Mutschmann who appears to be wearing his traditions uniform.

Marcus

Real or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armband

Heinrich Himmler's Armbinde, just barely showing. Hess's too.

I wonder if this example is original. It's not mine, from Ulric's site.

Real or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armband

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5