Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Real or fake armband

Article about: by jimm Apparently the one i pictured above is authentic but very early. I Always go by the German armband guide by germandaggers.com as it is a great source for comparison , you will see th

Default Re: Real or fake armband?

Real or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandReal or fake armbandSS brassard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake armband
    P
    Many

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Early political armband. The stripes were the early configuration of displaying the rank system and I agreed, it looks to be a fake.
    Doesn't conform to any I know. As stated above probably trying to be this? Uniforms and insignia of the Schutzstaffel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake armband  

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Doesn't conform to any I know. As stated above probably trying to be this? Uniforms and insignia of the Schutzstaffel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tom
    No, I'm sorry but that's different sir. Early on political leaders I believe wore said armband with plain white strip(s). These strip(s) symbolized rank. I will find a reference as soon as time permits as well as a period photograph. They did exist, but the majority you will see are reproductions, if not all.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 06-12-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Doesn't conform to any I know. As stated above probably trying to be this?
    No; this is the 1939 series of armbands identifying assignment level and duty position. The ones with the simple white or silver stripes were worn earlier.

Here you go sir, read this thread.

SS-Staffelfuhrer Nazi Armband

If the armband would be a good one, here some information about armbands with stripes:

According to "Das Dienstbuch der NSDAP (Hitlerbewegung) Österreich", dated March 1, 1932
    the brassard with two stripes is for the rank/function of Gau-Geschäftsführer, Gau-Amtswalter or
    Amtswalter der Landesleitung when there is no Rosette included upon the middle of the swastika.
    The stripes should have a width of 1.0 cm.
    During the course of 1932 new insignia were introduced and the brassard with the various stripes were cancelled.
    In the new regulations this type of brassard was no longer mentioned!

For the good order: Ortsgruppenleiter did wear a brassard with one 0.5 cm wide middle stripe. No Rosette.

For those interested here is the complete list:
    Members for the Reichsleitung: 3 silver stripes with a width of 1.0 cm. No Rosette.
    PS: It is practically sure this type of brassard was in Germany also in use by the Reichsinspekteur and persons such as
    Geschäftsführer and Amtsleiter;

Landesleiter: 2 silver stripes with a width of 1.0 cm and 1 silver stripe of 0.5 cm. Rosette included, positioned upon the middle
    of the swastika legs
    Landesgeschäftsführer: ibid, but no Rosette
    Amtsleiter der Landesleitung: ibid
    PS. In Germany this level did not exist. It is practically sure this type of brassard was in Germany also in use by: Landesinspekteur;

Gauleiter: 2 silver stripes with a width of 1.0 cm. Rosette included.
    Gau-Geschäftsführer: ibid, but no Rosette
    Gau-Amtswalter: ibid
    Amtswalter (der Landesleitung): ibid;

Bezirksleiter: 1 silver stripe with a widt of 1.0 cm. Rosette included
    Bezirks-Geschäftsführer: ibid, but no Rosette
    Bezirks-Amtsleiter : ibid
    Gau-Amtswalter : ibid
    PS: In Germany a Bezirk was known as Kreis;

Ortsgruppenleiter: 1 silver stripe with a width of 0.5 cm. Rosette included
    Bezirks-Amtswalter: ibid, no Rosette included
    Bezirks-Geschäftsführer-Kassenwart: ibid
    Ortsgruppen-Schriftwart : ibid
    Ortsgruppen-Propagandawart: ibid
    Stützpunktleiter: ibid
    Zellenleiter, politisch: ibid

Abgeordneter des Reichstages, Nationalrat, Bundesrat or Landtag: 2 golden stripes with a width of 1.0 cm. No Rosette included
    Fraktionsführer: ibid, but with Rosette;

Gemeinderäte und Mitglieder von Gemeindenvorständen 1 golden stripe with a width of 1.0 cm. No Rosette included
    Franktionsführer: ibid, but with Rosette.

Hope it helps in the future with identifying armbands with stripes and rosettes. So, it is pure political with a function!

Thanks to Wim Saris for once more providing valuable, detailed data rarely found elsewhere!

Indeed, I'd like to thank you Wim as well. Your contribution of Accurate research time in time again is invaluable to this forum. You, along with others, truly make this place one of the best. Again, thank you very much sir for sharing to us all your hard earned work.
    C.

I must admit this information was to be found for quite a while at the HJ-forum (since September 17, 2012).
    There I also showed some drawings from the Dienstbuch from Austria, as well as a part of text, related to the SA-reserve armband.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f77...4/index2.htmlt

Maybe the link does not work, but have a look at the thread: What kind of armband is this?
    started by Holzwurm on September 12, 2012.

I stand corrected. Youthcollector - why so formal, never been called a sir before. ;-)
    I still have loads to learn.....thanks to Wim for the excellent info!

Tom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast