Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband

Article about: Greetings forum, I want to share my very first original Third Reich Uniform, this has become one of my favorite pieces, even though it has some unfortunate moth damage After reading some oth

Default Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband

Greetings forum,

I want to share my very first original Third Reich Uniform, this has become one of my favorite pieces, even though it has some unfortunate moth damage

After reading some other posts in this great forum, I believe this style greatcoat was for both enlisted and NCO. The mothing is a pity. While a very well made greatcoat, I'm not sure it would have protected much against a nasty European Winter.

I think the detail on the buttons inside the collar is fantastic!

This was used in Saxony: XV Sachsen 150-157
    RAD-Gruppe 153 Löbau 01.10.1935-12.11.1943
    RAD-Abt. 1/153 Löbau 01.10.1935, 1936
    RAD-Abt. 2/153 Bischofswerder 1939
    RAD-Abt. 3/153 Löbau 1938, 1939
    RAD-Abt. 4/153 Seifhennersdorf 1939
    RAD-Abt. 10/153 Bautzen (Quelle RK-Träger Austen, Hans)
    RAD-Abt. 12/153 "General von Gersdorff" Milkel b. Bautzen (1937)

(Information from Ade - many thanks once again )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband   Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband  

Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband   Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband  

Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband   Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband  

Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband
    P
    Many

A fine and uncommon greatcoat,for sure! As you said, a shame the hungry moths took a nibble, but then again, these are tough to find in Any condition. Apparently, the little ravagers must have preferred the greatcoat wool tastier than the armband, as they only delicately sampled it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Many thanks William, I appreciate the positive comment.
    Due to the seller not quite showing the damage as they should of, I was a bit disappointed when I received it. In saying that, I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy to own it, like a child with a new toy.

Apparently the coat lacks the unit-number arm-shield, upon the upper left arm.
    In late war this shield occasionally was not used, but for the mid and later 1930's it should!

Additional to the unit-numbers for 153, some honor-names:
    1/153 "Wilhelm von Polenz"
    2/153 "Heinrich von Treitschke"
    4/153 "König Ottokar II"
    5/153 "Graf Roon"
    6/153 "Hans von Tschammer und Osten"
    8/153 "Robert Koch"