Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch

Article about: Greetings all, Opinions greatly appreciated on this RAD patch - Apologies for the tiny pics - Thanks in advance!

Default Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch

Greetings all,

Opinions greatly appreciated on this RAD patch - Apologies for the tiny pics - Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch   Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch
    P
    Many

?

Women's labor service for XXVIII Westmark, one of the later groups to be organized..
    As to the item shown... These are heavily faked in my opinion, I cannot say thumbs up or down... Do you have this piece in hand ?? The material should feel soft and not synthetic... I hope you receive an answer to your satisfaction... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Default RADwJ

The shield with the VI Mittelduetschland is an original example afforded to me by Adrian..
    The Lager School (L S) is a modern fake... Notice the difference in material....G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch   Reichsarbeitsdienst Patch  

Thank you Gwar! Your input on RAD items always very much appreciated!

I will ask for closer pics but It would appear on a glance that the thread type (and brighter white colour?) are more closely linked to the Lager School example - I suspect it is probably modern as the colour also appears quite bright for a 70 odd year old item. The swaz also appears a little more 'bunched' or tighter (for want of a better word) on the modern repro. These are of course purely uneducated observations. May I ask if there was any major difference in uniform design for female and male RAD people? I assume my Mantel is a male uniform Reichsarbeitsdienst Mantel with Political Armband

I really appreciate the time here - Thanks again.

?

Yes there were many differences.. The design by year varied... I suspect that you have a good deal of knowledge concerning the RAD / RADwJ... Nice to see a fellow collector that appreciates such items KIT G

Please update us when you got new pics and so on I'm a real novice to the RAD stuff but always willing to learn!

My FAD patch

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Please update us when you got new pics and so on I'm a real novice to the RAD stuff but always willing to learn!
    Will do mate! I've just been so caught up with work. I'll email again. Cheers

?

Quote by polepol View Post
    My FAD patch

A very nice and might I add "Rare" patch IMO