Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichstreubund armband?

Article about: Anyone ever seen one of these before?

?

Default Reichstreubund armband?

Anyone ever seen one of these before?

Reichstreubund armband?
    Reichstreubund armband?
    Reichstreubund armband?
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-14-2019 at 03:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichstreubund armband?
    P
    Many

I collect armbands & I don't recall ever seeing one of these. I also double-checked the Armband Identification Gallery (Armband Identification Gallery) & there is no such armband listed. The embroidering & the fabric look modern to me. Have you black-lighted it by chance?

There are other members who have been in the game longer than me & I am sure they will comment on this armband.

I am betting it glows as it looks modern to me as well.
    John

?

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    I collect armbands & I don't recall ever seeing one of these. I also double-checked the Armband Identification Gallery (Armband Identification Gallery) & there is no such armband listed. The embroidering & the fabric look modern to me. Have you black-lighted it by chance?

There are other members who have been in the game longer than me & I am sure they will comment on this armband.
    What would i look for under black light?

Quote by Jack14 View Post
    What would i look for under black light?
    You're looking for a bright florescent glow from the white parts of the armband. Put a modern white t-shirt or other modern white cloth under the black light. You'll see how bright it glows. Then put the armband under the black light. If it's a period item then it shouldn't glow. The contrast in brightness under the light between the modern white cloth & a period item should be quite drastic.

Here is an original KVK II ribbon from my medal collection which has white stripes on top of a modern white shirt. As you can see, the white shirt glows but the ribbon doesn't.
    Reichstreubund armband?

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    Here is an original KVK II ribbon from my medal collection which has white stripes on top of a modern white shirt. As you can see, the white shirt glows but the ribbon doesn't.
    Not a 100% sure fire way to prove authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Not a 100% sure fire way to prove authenticity.
    Ralph.
    No but it's tool you can use in conjunction with other methods. To me, if an item fails the black light test it isn't an automatic fake. But combine that with the burn test & the fact this item can't be found in reference material, it's likely a fake
    Last edited by captain20052019; 10-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.

was sold last month here.
    ORIG. WW2 GERMAN REICHSTREUBUND ARMBAND - Sep 08, 2019 | Rare Treasures in PA
    ( supposedly vet bring back ...?? )
    An odd thing to fake though - "National League of Former soldiers"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The material and constitution stands out to me as post war, also Reichstreubund members didnt wear armbands if i remember.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast