Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ring zur Förderung Deutsch - Englisher Freundschaft

Article about: Although i will be using this badge in my next book, the book is not really about this badge, or any specific badge, so i dont mind posting it here. Knowing me and my laid back way of writin

Quote by Erno View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but is it safe to assume the the Amerikanische version of this badge is pure fantasy? I've seen someone claiming that they were distributed at the 1939 New York World's Fair by the Amerika-Deutscher Volksbund, which is obviously untrue.
    That deserves a thread all of its own. What i can tell you, with 100% certainty, is that each and every badge with the slogan as we known it, (as it is in the Hüsken and J.R Cone-Head book) is a twisted fantasy, and is not real. (Neither the red nor blue enameled ones) I think it would be safe to say that everyone who is of the opinion that theirs is real, or claiming to know what it was for, is blowing hot air. The American-German Volksbund had nothing to do with the "ring" and the ring badges were made for wear and use in Germany, so what you were told, is hot air, like the Hüsken mention of them, hot air, as well as anyone who has one listed and thinks it is genuine, hot air.
    I believe that the badge that started this thread off proves that there is lots of hot air going around, either in-print of in bleating-form.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring zur Förderung Deutsch - Englisher Freundschaft
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    That deserves a thread all of its own. What i can tell you, with 100% certainty, is that each and every badge with the slogan as we known it, (as it is in the Hüsken and J.R Cone-Head book) is a twisted fantasy, and is not real. (Neither the red nor blue enameled ones) I think it would be safe to say that everyone who is of the opinion that theirs is real, or claiming to know what it was for, is blowing hot air. The American-German Volksbund had nothing to do with the "ring" and the ring badges were made for wear and use in Germany, so what you were told, is hot air, like the Hüsken mention of them, hot air, as well as anyone who has one listed and thinks it is genuine, hot air.
    I believe that the badge that started this thread off proves that there is lots of hot air going around, either in-print of in bleating-form.
    Thank you! I thought as much (regarding the World's Fair bit). It's a wonder how people can concoct these stories, similar to how everything was "taken off a dead SS man."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2