Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rural policeman's uniform q's

Article about: Hello all, I am new to the site and was hoping to gain some info on a couple things. I have a old WW2 German Uniform that I acquired about 18 years ago. It had been brought back from the war

Default Rural policeman's uniform q's

Hello all,

I am new to the site and was hoping to gain some info on a couple things. I have a old WW2 German Uniform that I acquired about 18 years ago. It had been brought back from the war and sat in a trunk for 50+ years before I found it. 15 years ago I worked with a gentleman that was an avid buff of German WW2 artifacts. I brought it in for him to look over, he told me that what I had was a Rural Policeman's uniform. He stated that there weren't many that survived the war. My question is can anyone confirm what it is?

Thanks in Advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rural policeman's uniform q's
    P
    Many

Not rural police (Gendarmerie), but Fire Protection Police (Feuerschutzpolizei). Rank is Hauptwachtmeister.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-29-2013 at 03:48 PM.

The colours of the jacket and the cuffs/piping date it from 1938 to late 1942-nothing the Germans liked better than reorganising their many, many different uniformed organisations...

?

The last tunic seems to be a summer weight tunic. I thought you said you had 1 tunic.

nice tunic.

Thanks to all! Now I know what it is. I have the summer shirt as mentioned above, the outer jacket, and 2 pairs of pants that were with it. No boots or belts unfortunately.

Additionally is there anyone who might be able to appraise what I have? I am in the Northeastern U.S.
    Thanks in advance!