Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"

Article about: Here is what I think is a slightly misleading SA Tagungsabzeichen, as the declared date of 23rd January 1932 is more than likely “In Memoriam”, rather than that of the actual event. Bruno Sc

Default S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"

Here is what I think is a slightly misleading SA Tagungsabzeichen, as the declared date of 23rd January 1932 is more than likely “In Memoriam”, rather than that of the actual event.

Bruno Schramm was born on the 11th May 1903 and died as an “SA Martyr” on the 23rd January 1932 – the date on the badge. Schramm was a graduate engineer from Zülz in Upper Silesia and who was both anti Weimar Republic and one who fought against the post Great War, Polish incursions into his home territory. In 1921 Schramm was both a member of the “Oberschlesien Selbstschutz” and “Freikorp Oberland”.

Street fighting with communists on the 22nd January 1932 resulted in his death on the following day and anecdotally, his final words were “I die for you all”.

I have no idea when this badge was issued, however it is interesting to note the background similarity of the badge posted, to that of the NSDAP Reichsparteitag 1933 badge.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"
    P
    Many

Bruno Schramm

A rare one for sure...and a first for my eyes, thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

A very interesting tinny I have never seen before. The 3rd Reich portrayed those killed during the kampfzeite as martyrs akin to those of the Christian Church. In some cases, the man's sturm was awarded his name as an honor name which was attached to his sturmfahne and in some cases, cufftitles awarded to men of the man's sturm.

S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"S.A. Mann - Bruno Schramm "In Memoriam"
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.