Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

S A political leader pin?

Article about: Hello. This is my 1st post...so please be gentle...lol. I have found myself in possession of 2 - 14kt gold (mass spectrometer tested) ww2 German pins. I was told by a local(Delaware, U.S.) w

bpj1108
    ?

Default S A political leader pin?

Hello. This is my 1st post...so please be gentle...lol. I have found myself in possession of 2 - 14kt gold (mass spectrometer tested) ww2 German pins. I was told by a local(Delaware, U.S.) ww2 collector that they were early Nazi eagle S A party pins by Assman 1933-37....most likely worn by a party higher up or leader since they are gold.

Personally, I don't have 1/2 a clue, let alone a clue... I have not been able to find any real definitive answers about these pins...other than thS A political leader pin?S A political leader pin?an the collectors summary from 35 years of collecting and educating. This source came to me from a reputable personal business contact. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am beyond stumped.

Thank you well in advance....

Brian

2. # ADS

Welcome to the forum. The early form political eagle was likely worn as a lapel pin. I believe it to be
    SA with the gilt finish matching the button color of the wearer's group uniform and kepi. I do not believe the gilt finish has anything to do with the rank of the owner.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

bpj1108
    ?

Thanks for the reply. When you are saying "gilt finish" are you referring to color of finish over base metal? These are solid 14kt.....or does none of that matter?

Please keep in mind that I am almost completely ignorant of how these type pins were made and how it was decided as to whom it was given to, as well as the types of metals used having any impact as to who received them....

Wow.....I do believe I am more confused than when I started.

Hello Brian, Not to be the bearer of bad news, but these pins are not solid 14K gold. If they were, they would have to be marked, by law, for the gold content. This pin also exhibits tarnish, which, naturally, gold does not do. They were simply, as you said, gold plated over base metals-usually brass. The value of it does not depend on the metal content, though, so it doesn't really matter in the long run anyway. It is a very nice SA political eagle pin in any case and looks to be in fine condition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."