Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA badge 1936 fake????

Article about: Hi everybody how are you? i hope you are fine. well, i am trying to buy this one: What do you think is it fake? i am suspecting because of the price of the other products of the seller .....

Default SA badge 1936 fake????

Hi everybody how are you? i hope you are fine. well, i am trying to buy this one:

SA badge 1936 fake????

SA badge 1936 fake????

SA badge 1936 fake????

What do you think is it fake? i am suspecting because of the price of the other products of the seller ......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA badge 1936 fake????
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA badge 1936 fake????

It's an original tinnie/day-badge...possibly w/replaced pin-plate....
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-25-2013 at 04:27 PM.

?

Looks good to me and in good condition

Thank so much friends!! i am going to try to adquire that badge

I am sorry to be the dissenter here, however I think that we are looking at a fake. Not a rare badge by any means, however this aspect apparently does not deter the fakers. The badge shown has "good" obverse detail, however I am not comfortable with the base metal. The few that I have in my collection show a copper based composition, with either a silver or gold wash. The reverse displays the common makers logo, however and again on the few that I have, it is sharper, crisper and more pronounced. Finally, I would not expect to see a pin clasp arrangement and certainly not one which partially obscures the makers logo.

Let me know if anyone would like sight of the two that I hold, for comparison.

Regards,

David

Here's one to compare...I still believe the OPs Tinnie is a good one. The way these were mass-produced I'm not terribly surprised to encounter flaws, such as the covering of the Logo...Although the pin-plate obviously doesn't match my example, it is still a period pin-plate in my opinion...Always learning, I look forward to your examples....
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA badge 1936 fake????  

Dear Glenn

I still think that the SA-Tagungsabzeichen originally proposed is a fake, however thankyou for posting your example.

Perhaps a sleight and aberration of digital photography, however look at the detail (or rather lack of detail) on the badge first posted and especially to the so distinctive horizontal striation.

Here is a brace that I hold for comparison.

Regards,

David

Hi must agree with David on this one you can buy these quite easily on the web here are pics i have just found on a reproduction 1936 nordsee gruppe badge

Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images SA badge 1936 fake????  SA badge 1936 fake???? 

Thanks for confirming that it is indeed a fake, I stand corrected and appreciate the info!
    cheers, Glenn...