Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold It is still in print or easily had, I think. There are other sources, too. My colleagues will provide you with more up to date means. I like books. yes books are amazin

Default SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

One more item which came in the lot some days ago is this SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer, now i just need a armbinde and 1 nsdap pin for the tie and the matching belt maybe, but for now looks great to me, and as i posted in the shoulder board thread of mine i now know what for the spare shoulder board was, i only had to sort all this things i got and this nice shirt was at the bottom of the box and i was short befor to kick the empty box out as there was a piece of cardboard over this shirt and was hiding it, i made some research and now think it is bayernwald but can be hochland too, all these colors where a bit confusing
    one question i have is this label a name or the maker and can someone tell me a bit more of this tunic or the origin maybe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer   SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer  

SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer   SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer  

SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer   SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer
    P
    Many

Default re: SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

anyone some more information in the collar color, is it bayernwald or hochland or some other region or or

Default Re: SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

Political items are not my thing, sorry.

I can only vaguely advise on the machine woven label in the neck of the shirt: not an owners name, but a makers label, I THINK it is refering to the shirt being dyed colour fast or something to that effect?

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Bob Coleman is my SA Mann bar none. I think yours is SA Gruppe Hochland, and the label indicates the high quality of the stay fast dye used, as prescribed by the RZM. An interesting piece, since one normally sees the short BoBi Haken shirt versus this long variant.
    The latter was generally that worn under the tunic.

thanks for the information so far, and i only can say that it is really hard to find anything about the sa and all wath belongs to them online, is there a good book what would be a good buy fo the sa tunics

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    thanks for the information so far, and i only can say that it is really hard to find anything about the sa and all wath belongs to them online, is there a good book what would be a good buy fo the sa tunics
    We can make suggestions about sources for you. There is the 1934 book reprinted in Germany entitled "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden," which was the first major work, and still excellent.
    The Organisationsbuch d NSDAP has a good description of the SA uniform. I will leave it to Bob Coleman and the others here to recommend secondary English language works.
    The Herstellungsvorschriften d RZM also describe the details of the uniform pieces in great detail.

I am afraid that on line sources are like a puzzle thrown from the box onto the floor without even a guide as to what the piece resemble as a whole.

The Tyr Rune also indicates attendance at the SA leadership school.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    We can make suggestions about sources for you. There is the 1934 book reprinted in Germany entitled "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden," which was the first major work, and still excellent.
    The Organisationsbuch d NSDAP has a good description of the SA uniform. I will leave it to Bob Coleman and the others here to recommend secondary English language works.
    The Herstellungsvorschriften d RZM also describe the details of the uniform pieces in great detail.

I am afraid that on line sources are like a puzzle thrown from the box onto the floor without even a guide as to what the piece resemble as a whole.

The Tyr Rune also indicates attendance at the SA leadership school.
    ok thank you, but have to wait for the english book tips then as my german is not like i would be able to read a book in german i may get out a hallo schone maid but then my wife will roast me so i better only use then 1 bier bitte what would bring me a beer in germany but will not read a book, and that with the leadership school would make sense as he was standartenfurer or does it mean he was a teacher fo that school, are there any period photos for that sa group somewhere, would be a blast to see this tunic in wear and to know who he might have been back then or how he looked like, stupid question have there been many standartenfurer in one sa gruppe or in this particular one, so many questions and no clue where to find out

Vol 3 of the Saris book from Bender, which includes SA kepis, has all the data you require.
    Light blue was, indeed, Hochland and Bayernwald. Why they made two Bavarian ones thus, I guess is because this color is in the Bavarian flag.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Vol 3 of the Saris book from Bender, which includes SA kepis, has all the data you require.
    ok, i will try to hunt this down, thank you

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    ok, i will try to hunt this down, thank you

It is still in print or easily had, I think. There are other sources, too. My colleagues will provide you with more up to date means. I like books.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast