Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold It is still in print or easily had, I think. There are other sources, too. My colleagues will provide you with more up to date means. I like books. yes books are amazin

Default Re: SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    It is still in print or easily had, I think. There are other sources, too. My colleagues will provide you with more up to date means. I like books.
    yes books are amazing and sure better then every pdf copy of anything around

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer
    P
    Many

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    yes books are amazing and sure better then every pdf copy of anything around
    Books are linear, and with the paper in your hand, you can look at pages even at the same time.

But I am a man of the 20th century and so seized of tradition and blinkered custom.SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerSA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald Standartenfuhrer

The shirt you have is from S A Gruppe Hochland. The shoulder strap is the 1939 pattern therefore, the rest of the insignia parts must also conform. This period uniform requires aluminum piping on Hochland collar tabs and gold on Bayernwald. Prior to 1939, the button color for Bayernwald would have been gold. This was changed in 1939 to aluminum. Prior to 1939, Bayernwald was refered to as S A Gruppe Bayerische Ostmark.
    "Cloth Uniforms of the NSDAP and SA" by John Angolia is an excellent reference for the multiple changes in SA uniforms regulations. It is out of print but still can be found.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

An excellent original period piece in great condition and unmessed with. Very nice display! I particularly like the sleeve arrow.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The shirt you have is from S A Gruppe Hochland. The shoulder strap is the 1939 pattern therefore, the rest of the insignia parts must also conform. This period uniform requires aluminum piping on Hochland collar tabs and gold on Bayernwald. Prior to 1939, the button color for Bayernwald would have been gold. This was changed in 1939 to aluminum. Prior to 1939, Bayernwald was refered to as S A Gruppe Bayerische Ostmark.
    "Cloth Uniforms of the NSDAP and SA" by John Angolia is an excellent reference for the multiple changes in SA uniforms regulations. It is out of print but still can be found.
    Thanks for your wise counsel and further proof that any seeker of truth needs as many reference books as possible. The Angolia book on the SA is now quite old.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    many thanks for that information now i know for sure that it is hochland, still is there the question if anyone has hochland photos and best would be for a standartenfurer and i love to know or better to find out if the hochland had countless standartenfurer or just a handfull

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An excellent original period piece in great condition and unmessed with. Very nice display! I particularly like the sleeve arrow.
    yes the arrow looks really nice

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for your wise counsel and further proof that any seeker of truth needs as many reference books as possible. The Angolia book on the SA is now quite old.
    books are gold and i think this forum could use a sticky thread with all usefull books in it for what ever anyone is searching for, so when someone is on the hunt for more information as he can find online he has a database of some sort where he can get the names of the best books who are around there

SA Brownshirt Gruppe Bayernwald StandartenfuhrerThe "arrow" is the Tyr Rune badge of the SA leadership school.

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    many thanks for that information now i know for sure that it is hochland, still is there the question if anyone has hochland photos and best would be for a standartenfurer and i love to know or better to find out if the hochland had countless standartenfurer or just a handfull
    As the Hochland area was the birthplace of the NSDAP, they had a very large SA membership. Your rank tab does not incorporate a Standarte number, therefore, your shirt was worn by a man holding the rank but not a Standarte command. There would be many candidates and the chance for sucess in identifying the owner of this shirt is a quest without a positive outcome. The only clue being the Ty-rune. As the shirt lacks no loops for awards, you are left with no clues. Enjoy it for what it is.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast