Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly

Article about: Hi all. I,m Interested in this Shrit any comments would be really appreciated. Rgds Peter.

Default SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly

Hi all.
    I,m Interested in this Shrit any comments would be really appreciated.
    Rgds Peter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly   SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly  

SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly   SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly  

SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly   SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly  

SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Brownshirt Musician for review good/bad/ugly

I would consult Bob on this one. Everything looks period made IMO. As for the construction, I do not know.

Hi Peter-
    From the images, everything appears to be proper on this shirt. Nothing beats an in hand inspection. My previous concerns are not as great as it appears that this has been well stored for the past 68 years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thankyou Bob I really appreciate your help.
    Rgds Peter.

Go for it pete!!!!!!!!!

Yep shes all mine lol brown shirt number 1

Congratulations, a must for any tr collection IMO.

?

Overall IMO the shirt looks good. The rank tab, however, has been played with--there was no SA rank with 2 strips of Tresse and one pip. In addition, it's not normal to find a pip going through the collar on an SA brownshirt. The tabs were removed every time the shirt was laundered, so mounting a pip in this way was not done, as the prongs would break on the 2nd or 3rd installation or removal. It appears that someone tried to upgrade the shirt to an imaginary rank by adding a pip. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with the piece.
    Erich