Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.

Article about: Hello guys, Okay so I missed a brownshirt for sale the other day. But... I have found this one. It appears to be genuine and looks okay although I am not fond of the screenprinted armband. I

Default SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.

Hello guys,

Okay so I missed a brownshirt for sale the other day. But... I have found this one. It appears to be genuine and looks okay although I am not fond of the screenprinted armband. I personally like it although I think that the price is a tad too high.

Does everything look okay and I hate to bring the price into the equation but what in your opinion do you feel this piece is worth?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.   SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.  

SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.   SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.  

SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA brownshirt, what do you guys think about it.

wow!! if this proves to be genuine is a nice thing to wear at work!!!

?

I will need better pics to have an opinion on it, as i'm not so skilled in this field. I have a brown shirt with armband in much better condition though. The armband on mine is wool and also screen printed. I'm not sure the pip on the left collar tab is correct.

Regards, Lars

I would say that the shirt is original, but the insignia is post applied, it doesn't seem to match the condition of the shirt. Whereas the shirt looks a little "washed out" the insignia seems crisp by comparison. The armband is ok. It would be interesting to know if any RZM labels were present, and if the buttons were marked. As for price, an untouched one as seen here http://www.lastreich.co.uk/viewphoto...h=2223&phqu=10
    can fetch upwards of £850, although this one has a very desirable cuff title

?

I got my Shirt for 400 EUR with the armband as i recall. The shirt is without insignia and mint condition. I can be seen here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...-items-210977/

Regards, Lars

The shirt is incorrect with the present insignia and is definitely a put together. The shoulder strap is the earlier model worn until the 1939 uniform changes. The early shirt should have the collar piped with a twisted multicolored cord piping. Collar piping was abolished with the 1939 regulations. I have never seen an untouched shirt with a printed kampfbinde. I have also never seen a RZM tag on the printed models as they are wartime and much of the RZM regulations were relaxed during that period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you all very much for your input, it is greatly appreciated. I can get the shirt inc. postage for $495, does this sound about right with everything taken into consideration?

Thank you, Glen.

Why would you want to spend good money for a bad put together item? You would be far better served saving and buying a brownshirt that has not been messed with. That at least is my opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I agree with Bob. Or do as me. Get a good clean one and then spend time finding the correct insignia. There is not much historical value in the one you posted. Just my opinion and not an insult

Regards, Lars

Thank you Bob for your advice which I will respect and will take. I have plenty of time to find a nice un-touched example and have the thrill of the chase hunting one down. Thank you also Lars, I have taken a look at your brownshirt and it looks great! Although I would much rather wait for one with intact original insignia.

Thank you, Glen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast