Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Collar Tabs

Article about: I was going by the info on p. 162 of Angolia's book Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA which states: FO B4 Nr. 13708, 1 September 1942 implemented insignia for the General Government (Poland

Default SA Collar Tabs

I have a pair of light grey SA collar tabs w/RZM tag for the General Government (Poland). The rank tab has one silver pip, the unit tab is blank. What units would have been assigned to that organization and could have been displayed on the unit tab? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

?

Pictures are required.

Forget the tabs. Let me restate my question. The Germans assigned SA unit(s) to the General Government (Poland). Does anyone know what designations those unit(s) might have had? Only one or several? Thanks.

Ed-
    Are you asking how many SA Gruppe were located in the Goverment General in Poland?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob! Just wondered if there were several SA units assigned to Poland which would have displayed their designations on the unit tabs. or were the unit tabs for Poland always blank? Rather late in the game for the SA!

The unit tab you have is likely either unfinished or was worn by a man not assigned to a specific standarte. There were more than one standarte in the area.
    BOB

Is there a reference that lists the units, such as group, standarten or?? Do you know what they were and/or have you seen a unit side tab with a unit designation? If so, what was it? Thanks again. Interesting subject!

Quote by Ed Johnson View Post
    Is there a reference that lists the units, such as group, standarten or?? Do you know what they were and/or have you seen a unit side tab with a unit designation? If so, what was it? Thanks again. Interesting subject!
    The Gruppe is Gruppe Weichsel. I know only of the document of SA Gruppe and Standarte that was put together right after the war for use by military intellegence units. The list is not 100% accurate and it would take me quite a lot of time to go through it and picj out all of the Standarte by number. With my present situation, I unfortunately do not have the spare time.
    BOB

Danzig was from the Gruppe Weichsel and Posen was from the Gruppe Warthe (Wartheland).
    The first had about 17 Standarte with a number; the second about 30. The last had a name
    and were mentioned in a list from the Oberste SA-Führung from March 1942.
    Do not mix them up with the Generalgouvernement (GG - Poland).

What in fact was the Generalgouvernment (bright-grey) was Krakau, which was a quite large area (see maps). It had
    the districts Krakau, Random, Warswa, Lublin and Galicia.

SA Collar Tabs.

SA Collar Tabs

In no available, official list numbers or names were included for the GG.
    Many people do make mistakes about this as they often think Danzig and Posen is the GG!!

Thanks to both of you for your help! The SA has been of special interest to me since I started collecting many years ago. How can one get a copy of the SHAEF report on the SA? I have looked online and found the document number, but don't know how to proceed from there. Thanks again! ED

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast