Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Collar Tabs

Article about: I was going by the info on p. 162 of Angolia's book Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA which states: FO B4 Nr. 13708, 1 September 1942 implemented insignia for the General Government (Poland

You are also well served by the various German reprints on SA regalia which are easily had in Germany and, I am sure, on line book sellers.
    However, all pales in comparison to our Mr. Wim, who is a miracle for Uniformkunde people.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

I mean, the van Ekeling reprint, and the other, Cord v. Einem, Abzeichen und Dienstgrade der SA.
    Beyond Mr. Wim is Bob Coleman, whose reference collection is also a wonder.

There also existed a user's guide to the GG by Max Freiherr du Prel, which also has an address list in it. I own two copies of it, and it might include SA units in it, too, but Mr. Saris knows more than all on these accounts.

Thanks again. I will look for those. I always enjoy talking to Bob Coleman at the SOS Show. I have purchased a number of nice items from him, as I am also interested in NPEA items and history. As I live out west in Idaho, I don't get back East much!

Idaho is a nice place. Good luck with your collecting. You will find a number of fine persons here, whose experience, maturity, and knowledge eclipse all other places in the digital anarchy.

Thank you. It is a beautiful state, not overrun with people! I still alpine ski at 73! I agree about this forum. It has taken me awhile to sort them all out!

The information from post 9 is NOT taken from SHAEF, as this is not at all reliable.
    My information comes from address-lists from the Oberste SA-Führung, particularly
    the list from March 20, 1942. The information from the other post partly came from
    the Verordnungsblatt for the SA and Führerbefehle mentioned.

FB: sorry, but it should be Freiherr von Eelking. There are many more of such early booklets.
    Would like to know if there are SA units mentioned in the Freiherr Du Prel book?

Mr. Johnson: say hello to Bob from Wim/Wilhelm, okay? Of course when you meet him either
    at the MAX or SOS!

Thank you, Mr Saris. I don't think it is worth pursuing the SHAEF report. No question you are the best source of info with your knowlege and resources.

FB: thanks also to you, sir. I wouild like to know what units may be referenced in the Du Prel book. The MAX is underway now, I plan to be at the SOS in February 2014. I will certainly greet Bob for you. I always look for him first!

I looked in du Prel. It has a complete listing of SS and police headquarters and offices, but I did not readily find the SA. I have to look more deeply.
    There is a large chunk on the SS.
    You will indulge me that the former is the thing I attention to, sorry to have raised false hopes.

Thank you, sir. I wonder what role the SA would have had in occupied Poland and the GG. I thought they were relegated primarily to training in Deutschland!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast