Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SA Franken collar tab

Article about: Hello gentlemen, could anyone please help me by "narrowing down" the unit for which my brown shirt is designated for? I have already in the past been kindly informed that this shir

Default SA Franken collar tab

Hello gentlemen, could anyone please help me by "narrowing down" the unit for which my brown shirt is designated for? I have already in the past been kindly informed that this shirt is for an equestrian(horse) unit of the Franken gruppe,can anybody tell me exactly which town/city within the gruppe that the collar tab applies too? Thanks in advance if anyone has this detailed information,i appreciate that it may be a tough ask!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Franken collar tab   SA Franken collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Franken collar tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Franken collar tab

The Reiter-Standarte 54 was part of SA-Gruppe Südwest. This Standarte was located in the city Konstanz.

Best,
    Laurens

Quote by laurens View Post
    The Reiter-Standarte 54 was part of SA-Gruppe Südwest. This Standarte was located in the city Konstanz.

Best,
    Laurens
    Thank you so much Laurens for making the effort to find this out for me,it is just the detailed information that I was looking for. Thanks again, Leon.

This unit does not show up on the list put together by the Allied Forces following the war. Many of the reiter units were disbanded during the war and their members transfered to foot units.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Reiter 54 had its headquarters in 1936 at Konstanz in Südwest, but in July 1937 it was mentioned to be Radolfzell, also Südwest.
    Checked 1942 and Reiter 54 was not mentioned at Südwest, nor Oberrhein (as what SHAEF says).

Maybe the unit was indeed disbanded, as it was neiter mentioned to be "on hold", actually as:
    Für die Dauer des Krieges stillgelegte Dienstellen (this is what SHAEF says: stood down for the duration of the war while existing Stürme were
    attached to the regular - foot - SA).

SHAEF also says that 3/54 was located at Endingen (mentioned to exist with the date July 1, 1939). The address for the headquarters
    for 54 at Radolfzell, which is given in the SHAEF-list, is the same address as in July 1937: Robert Wagner-Strasse 16.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Reiter 54 had its headquarters in 1936 at Konstanz in Südwest, but in July 1937 it was mentioned to be Radolfzell, also Südwest.
    Checked 1942 and Reiter 54 was not mentioned at Südwest, nor Oberrhein (as what SHAEF says).

Maybe the unit was indeed disbanded, as it was neiter mentioned to be "on hold", actually as:
    Für die Dauer des Krieges stillgelegte Dienstellen (this is what SHAEF says: stood down for the duration of the war while existing Stürme were
    attached to the regular - foot - SA).

SHAEF also says that 3/54 was located at Endingen (mentioned to exist with the date July 1, 1939). The address for the headquarters
    for 54 at Radolfzell, which is given in the SHAEF-list, is the same address as in July 1937: Robert Wagner-Strasse 16.
    WOW,many thanks to you also Wilhelm,that is fantastic (and very interesting)detail.It really is most appreciated.Makes perfect sense to me that this shirt is from a disbanded unit as it is an early one. Thank you all for your efforts, Leon.