Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.

Article about: I got it all for just a little over 1000.00, One heck of a deal, wouldn't you think, yes that includes the bugle also.. So, I don't mind you asking what i paid for it, not at all. All i need

Default Re: SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.

May be some one can help me on this, I have been doing some research on SA Marine items.

This is making me love this SA Marine Brownshirt even more now.

I see that the SA Marine units had different SA daggers, they were all black like an SS dagger, so how rare would this shirt be, i have found a SA Marine insignia grouping listed at over 600.00, and thats just the insignia.

Here is the information on the SA Marine dagger, and a pic, as i find this very interesting.;

MARINE SA DAGGER
    The SA organization had a naval component. It was much smaller than the regular group. The members of the Marine SA were authorized to wear a dagger in 1934. There were two models of marine SA daggers. They both were patterned after the 1933 model with a few differences.

The first model displayed the following changes in relation to the 1933 model:

1. Black annodized scabbard
    2. Black wooden handle with SA logo and eagle insert.

The second model dagger consisted of the following characteristics:

1. Brown scabbard
    2. Brown handle
    3. Copper or Brass fittings

I NEED TO FIND ME ONE OF THESE SA MARINE DAGGERS.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.
    P
    Many

SA Marine daggers are super rare............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Brian, I cannot comment on the shirt.

But SA Marine dagger are, like Steve said, super rare. I have handled just three all black versions and all three were the property of the late English dealer Harvey Riley.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Brian, I cannot comment on the shirt.

But SA Marine dagger are, like Steve said, super rare. I have handled just three all black versions and all three were the property of the late English dealer Harvey Riley.

Cheers, Ade.

Adrian , you cannot or will not, because you are familiar with them , or you don't like the way it looks.

Yes, I would love to have an SA Marine Dagger.

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Brian

Hi Brian, I am not a political collector so my knowledge of brownshirts is very weak. I would not like to comment either way, as it would be unfair.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Adrian , you cannot or will not, because you are familiar with them , or you don't like the way it looks.

Yes, I would love to have an SA Marine Dagger.

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Brian
    OK, thats fine, i understand, I have been able to find info to support this shirt, and there is evidence that there was SA Marine brownshirt units.

Thanks
    Brian

Ok, all of my items shown up today in the mail, I put the SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt together for viewing, and everything on it is beautiful, from the DER STAHLHELM sleeve diamond, to the SA sportsbadge, to the collar tabs, and single shoulder board, the tie, and the party badge, and the Aiguillette also, everything about this set if beautiful.

The buckle would not stay together for pics, so i uses a cloth type hair piece to secure it, wont hurt it a bit, and its cotton.

The bugle is in great shape, I had some reproduction cord for it, so i wrapped that around it for display, I think it looks good on there. I have been trying to find a value on this SA Bugle, does anyone have an idea on its value.

The SA Marine brownshirt is in beautiful shape, and condition.

What do you all think ?

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.   SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.  

SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.   SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.  

SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.   SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.  

SA Gruppe Hochland Brownshirt i just picked up today.  

Hi Brian, to my untutored eye, all looks good. I rather like the Stahlhelm badge too.

I think you could afford to give the bugle a wash in warm soapy water using a soft toothbrush to get rid of the old brass polish residue. No idea on values sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian that means a lot coming from you, Would you have idea what the Aiguillette would have presented to him for, or what its purpose would have been for?

I thought about cleaning it, I just like to clean anything old, I'll brush dirt and stuff off, As i don't want to take away any age to it.

Thank you
    Brian

Hi Brian, no idea at all on the Aiguillette sorry. Outside of daggers, Political stuff is something I know very little about.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast