Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch

Article about: I'd like to get some opinions on this one, please. Ex Gordon Williamson collection, with letter of authenticity stating this. Nevertheless, for peace of mind, as it is in such 'mint' conditi

Default SA or SS Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch

I'd like to get some opinions on this one, please.
    Ex Gordon Williamson collection, with letter of authenticity stating this. Nevertheless, for peace of mind, as it is in such 'mint' condition, I'm posting it on here to check what you guys think of it.
    My attention was drawn in particular to the lines of wire over the top of the pip, rather than more twisted pieces that I've seen on others.
    Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch   SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch  

Last edited by Yellow3; 11-28-2012 at 10:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch

I have never encountered gray field SA collar tabs. I am only aware of the SS wearing gray field collar tabs by reserves. The SA used a gray striped kampfbinde.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob,
    Perhaps it could be SS reserve then. Do you think it is original TR period production?
    Thanks for your help,
    J

SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patchSA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patchThe tabs are well made. I have my doubts as it would not make sense to have a man of this rank a reserve officer. Attached are a pair of original tabs of general rank for comparison.
    BOB

I to have also never seen an SA Reservist with the grey collar tab. Would it make sense to have a reserve officer? Here a link for comparison. The owner says they were authenticated at the MAX show, but gives no experts names. :/

SS Officer Reservist Tabs

Collar tabs with rusty old steel screw nuts on the back? Personally, I don't like either One of the grey tab sets. Nothing I've ever run across or saw...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wag, isn't the "bolts" a common tr era practice? I've encountered this several times. I thought its function was to make it so that they were able to be removed before wash? I am in no way saying either set is authentic due to my limited experience in the reservist field. Speaking purely on the "bolts".

Here is a pair of genuine SS Stammabteilung collar tabs. The screw back collar tabs were usually worn on the white tunic that needed constant cleaning. The first pair of collar tabs I ever bought were a set of SA Brigadefuhrer with screwback mountings. The fellow who I got them from had two pair one being black Niederrhein, which I bought for $3.00 and a pair of red staff brigadefuhrer. I thought the Niedershien were SS. Well, it was 1958 and I ws only 13 years old!

SA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patchSA Gruppenfuhrer der Reserve collar patch
    BOB

Yep-they were, but this pair is actually Rusty and must have been stored in a damp environment. The one's that I've seen were by necessity shiny clean and were probably(I suspect) treated to prevent this from happening. You would think that they would have used aluminum or some such noncorrosive metal rather than ordinary Steel... Either way, ugly things and must have added considerably to the collar weight! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for the response sir. I see your point and have to agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast