Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Marine Kiel 1939 Badge.

Article about: Hey everyone. Was considering picking this up if it's still available. I've never seen one before and after a few searches I've come up empty. Have any of you seen this badge before and what

Default SA Marine Kiel 1939 Badge.

Hey everyone.
    Was considering picking this up if it's still available. I've never seen one before and after a few searches I've come up empty. Have any of you seen this badge before and what are your thoughts please?
    Thank you for looking and for your time.

Luke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Marine Kiel 1939 Badge.
    P
    Many

Is it a badge?
    Looks like a tinnie to me.

Hi Chris. Maybe someone can answer that. I don't collect badges or tinnies so I'm not sure what the difference is. I always thought a tinnie was lightweight and had a "hollow" reverse. The seller described it as a badge but who knows. I did add this to my collection and it is a really nice detailed badge/tinnie.
    Thanks!

Luke

Dear Luke

Is this item from The Collectors Guild? If so, it was once part of my collection and where now, The Collectors Guild are selling my former collection on my behalf.

The badge in question is not an award of any sort and simply is an SA-Tagungsabzeichen as a 1939 event commemoration badge. The badge would have been bought (or not) by the participants to be worn during the event and also, served as a post event reminder. The purchase also raised funds for the SA!

Regards,

David

Hello David.
    Thanks so much for the information. I really do appreciate it.
    I did get this from The Collectors Guild. I see there's a lot of new SA badges/tinnies listed on their site. Are those yours too? Some really cool ones there.
    Thanks!

Luke

Dear Luke

Happy to hear that you like the subject event badge and not a common SA. I do not think that it even appears in the Tieste catalogues. One for the 1938 event does however and the design was the inspiration for the 1939 SA-Tagungsabzeichen.

The overwhelming majority of the constantly addedd SA pins now appearing on The Collectors Guild are from my former collection.

Regards,

David

Hi David,
    Thanks again for the information. There's some really nice pins up for sale now and nice to know that some are from your collection. Could the pins that have a ship on them be SA Marine even if it doesn't say SA Marine? Like this one?
    Thanks a lot!

Luke

Dear Luke

In my opinion, an SA Tagungsabzeichen that includes a nautical element within the design, does not automatically signify that it is SA-Marine related.

The pin that you have shown commemorated an event by SA Gruppe Nordsee. Within the Gruppe was SA Marinebrigade 2 Bremen and within the Brigade were at least 3 Marinestandarte as 15 Bremen, 89 Bremenhaven and 116 Wilhelmshaven. So, a member of the SA-Marine could have worn this pin over the period of the event.

Do not forget though that SA Gruppe Nordsee also included many non marine Brigade and Standarte.

If you are focusing on SA-Marine specific Tagungsabzeichen, then this pin is not for you.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    ...then this pin is not for you...
    Unless Luke you want to make an indirect contribution to my pension fund

David-
    Nice to hear from you after a long silence. You certainly contributed a lot of knowledge and your collection to this forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast