Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Marine Kiel 1939 Badge.

Article about: Hey everyone. Was considering picking this up if it's still available. I've never seen one before and after a few searches I've come up empty. Have any of you seen this badge before and what

Hello David,
    Thanks for the great information!
    Still a nice pin though. Wouldn't mind having it in my collection but want to stick with SA Marine items. Any chance the SA Marine Greatcoat they have up for sale is yours? Do you know where I can obtain some good information on the SA Marine?
    Thanks for all of your help.

Luke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Marine Kiel 1939 Badge.
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    David-
    Nice to hear from you after a long silence. You certainly contributed a lot of knowledge and your collection to this forum.
    A belated thankyou Bob for your kind words.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Hello David,
    Thanks for the great information!
    Still a nice pin though. Wouldn't mind having it in my collection but want to stick with SA Marine items. Any chance the SA Marine Greatcoat they have up for sale is yours? Do you know where I can obtain some good information on the SA Marine?
    Thanks for all of your help.

Luke
    Dear Luke

The SA aspect of my former collection was focused on buckles and event badges. Nothing "cloth" related and a such, I know nothing about the greatcoat that you have mentioned.

There are a few old and more than likely horribly inaccurate reference books which include uniform and insignia aspects of the Marine SA, although to my knowledge, nothing recent has been published which deals with the subject in isolation.

We are though fortunate on the forum to have whom I consider to be world class experts in the field of all matters SA as Bob Coleman and Wilhelm Saris, to name but two.

Drop me a PM and I will provide you with a few book titles, although and without wishing to be patronising, these publications must be read with utmost care and under no circumstances be regarded as definitive.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2