Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA/Political leaders tunic at an antique shop. Original?

Article about: by Wagriff I can see nothing wrong with this shirt. It looks to be a Nazi Party shirt and is in fine shape. The price of \\$425 is certainly a fair one.(although, I would Still "haggle&qu

Quote by Tyler Perdew View Post
    But the collectors guild has political buttons that look like the ones on that one
    The Collectors Guild is a dealers site, not an authentication resource.

Edit: The site has had a bad Landdienst Der H.J. cuff title on it for years now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/Political leaders tunic at an antique shop. Original?
    P
    Many

I agree, because I saw an original NSKK collar tab with an SS rzm untouched vet bring back
    A blank right black collar tab with a SS RZM label is a possibility as NSKK unit collar tabs started as blank tabs as all NSKK unit tabs utilied metal letters and numbers. I had two at one time but was unsure whether they were done in the period or later by a collector.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Would this tunic have a normal political leaders visor, or what other headgear would it have?

Would this tunic have a normal political leaders visor, or what other headgear would it have?
    The brownshirt is unissued and is missing the colored collar piping that would have indicated the level of the NSDAP the owner served as. If this was my decision, I would pass on this shirt as it has too many problems. As Lars said, it will always be a put together piece. You are missing the correct buttons, collar insignia and collar piping. In my opinion, buying this is a waste of money.
    BOB

Mr. Coleman has done well very to assist you. I'd follow his advice, which I agree with, and give him a special thank you....good luck sir.

Thank you Mr. Coleman for the advice I will think about it today and over night, I might buy it and restore it or I won't buy it and let someone else buy it.

Thank you Mr. Coleman for the advice I will think about it today and over night, I might buy it and restore it or I won't buy it and let someone else buy it.
    Just remember, where will you find the collar piping?
    BOB

I don't know but I'll try to find it

Watch Ebay DE for the piping. Sometimes it shows up there, mostly in reproduction form but every so often a legit piece is offered. If you are able to find the tabs, piping, and buttons to correctly restore the shirt, it will always be just that, a restored shirt. Worth only the sum of it's parts IMO. You must weigh the decision of spending the extra funds to make it correct, leaving it as is or holding out for something more correct.

Ok thanks I'll check Ebay and yes I will restore it, because I plan to keep it for awhile.

- - ------- - -

And if I sold it I wouldn't sell it for a full price non restored one, I'd sell it for less

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast