Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Sleeveband

Article about: Excellent post Wim. I was suspicious of the description stating this was an H.J. item when I saw it listed at the Espenlaub site for sale.

Default Re: SA Sleeveband

Excellent post Wim. I was suspicious of the description stating this was an H.J. item when I saw it listed at the Espenlaub site for sale.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sleeveband
    P
    Many

At least I did find the announcement in the (NSDAP) Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung,
    issue 11 from February 1, 1933.
    Förg was a Standartenführer and died due to an accident during SA-service on June 1, 1930. With
    this it is obvious the name was not granted for the HJ, as only HJ martyrs were granted a name for the
    HJ-organization. The rank Standartenführer is not a rank for the HJ.

SA Sleeveband

The part from the SA dress-regulation from March 1, 1934 (page): Anzugs-ordnung für die SA in
    which black is being mentioned.

SA Sleeveband

Part from a letter from March 2, 1933, signed for the Chief of Staff of the SA, in relation to the granting
    of names. This normally were names for the Sturm-flags, but names of important were meant for the DE
    and so a cuffband was worn.
    See it was noted: gegebenfalls im Dienste gefallene Standartenführer. Largely this means a person,
    ranked as Standartenführer, who was killed during SA-service was en exception.

SA Sleeveband

Something new learned once again thanks to our esteemed member.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the information, Wilhelm...You're very much appreciated! By the way, my German grandmother's name was Wilhelmine...
    cheers, Glenn

Wow, impressive amount of info there. Thank you and this should be here tomorrow and will take better photos for review and so you guys can see it. Thank you again.

John

John/Ajax (and others) I am glad I could help! Hope to see better photographs soon John.

Glenn look at the thread "Our grandfather and fathers etc". There I tell about my grandfather
    and show some photographs from about WWI. His name was also Wilhelm. In my country they
    call me Wim, but my Christian name is Wilhelm.

Thanks to Wim Saris for once more providing detailed quality information with full period documentation!

Since this is of general interest, allow me to add a full English translation of the last three documents posted above for the benefit of the non-German speaking members:

"In memory of Standartenführer Heinrich Förg, who suffered a fatal accident on 1 June 1930 while on SA duty, Standarte 120 of Ulm an der Donau is given the right to bear the name
    'Standarte 120 Heinrich Förg'
    ."

"Those SA-units that have been granted the wear of a sleeveband by special authorization of the Supreme SA-Leadership wear a 3-cm-wide black sleeveband (85) on which the conferred name is embroidered in grey silk with 19-mm-tall upper case- and 15-mm-tall lower case letters in German script. On the brownshirt, the band is to be attached 10 cm above the lower edge of the sleeve, on the service tunic and -greatcoat on the upper edge of the sleeve turn-up."

"In principle, the previously-applied and proven standard practice, according to which the Standarten bear the name of the region in which they are based or that of a particularly significant place therein, is to be retained.
    Names of fallen SA men are to be primarily borne on the
    Sturm flags. Only the names of such persons that are of particular signficance for the entire SA - e.g. Horst Wessel - may be considered to be used as inscriptions on the standards. Possibly, the names of Standartenführers* killed on duty. Names of historical personae are ineligible."

*) In this case, the duty position as opposed to the actual rank.

HPL, thanks for the translation. I didn't think about this, as for me German is a common language
    and all of this documentation is in German of course!

When in 1936 the curly letters were published in the manufacturing-regulations, the size mentioned
    was still 19 mm for the capital letters and 15 for the smaller letters. It was specifically mentioned:
    Schriftart: siehe nachstehende Buchstabenvorlage. So, the type of lettering was as shown in the
    earlier thread.
    Later the type of lettering did change again somewhat (lesser curls) and as far as known the wartime
    type was even more simplified, possibly to safe some costs. In the 1938 RZM manufacturing regulations
    no cuffband or letter types were included.

Photos as promised, thank you again. SA SleevebandSA SleevebandSA SleevebandSA Sleeveband

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2