Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA/SS Gorget

Article about: Hi. Just picked this up but I don't know much about these. I think it's a SA or SS Gorget? Sorry for the pics, my camera is giving me grief. It has D.R.G.M marked on one of the rear tabs. Ni

Default Re: SA/SS Gorget

Thanks for the feedback. The seller will refund me if I want so I want to make sure before I return it. There is a thread titled sa gorget,,,,good or bad on this site posted 06-06-2011 with a gorget very much like mine. Your comment on 12-20-2011 to it is "Nice original gorget. The earliest models of this gorget are marked DRGM". Was this a mistake or could you please let me know the differences?
    Last edited by popcorn; 12-16-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: more information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/SS Gorget
    P
    Many

?

Could you post a link?

I haven't said that. It was mr. Coleman. Maybe he was mistaken on December 20, 2011.
    For many years I also thought this marking was okay, until I was noted about this I was wrong.

Whatever without this marking upon the tang the gorget would not have been okay either. The
    tang is wrong and in this form did not occur with any of the hundreds of gorgets I checked and
    observed for my gorget-book during my research. This type of tang only was to be found on fakes.

Thank you and yes I was referring to Bob Coleman who made that statement. There are couple of examples for sale claiming to be original and one posted has a center tang like mine and with the DRGM going for 830 euros!!!! I didn't pay even close to that and at least I know the guy who sold it well so a refund is no problem. In his defence, he believed it to be original except for the chain. It is quite well made and even has tangs holding the roundle/star in place and made with nickel and brass!!! No wonder these fool people. Thanks again.

Collectibles. Rarusnet Collectors Megastore Germany , 3rd Reich , SA/SS Standard Bearers gorget , First type before 1938 , Genuine and Hallmarked , Extremely Rare .

This site claims under terms and conditions that all items have been thoroughly checked for authenticity and condition before buying and after delivery at their store.

With onset of fakes of all types, we all must be open to learning from errors in judgement. Examining a piece in hand is far different than judgement just from pictures. I bow to Wim's experience.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Can i take advantage of this old topic to have an information so i'll not open a new thread for a similar question? i've read here that an original Sa gorget may be without any mark on the back..i've understood well?? Thanks a lot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2