Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader

Article about: Hey guys....I am currently reading the history of the Gestapo and I came across a pretty cool picture showing the SA Standarte Feldhernhalle on parade for Hitler in '38 during his 40th b-day

Default SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader

Hey guys....I am currently reading the history of the Gestapo and I came across a pretty cool picture showing the SA Standarte Feldhernhalle on parade for Hitler in '38 during his 40th b-day celebration. They are wearing what appears to be what we commonly call the Political Leader gorget. I don't think I've seen the political leader gorget in wear by a political leader....any chance we were mistaken about this hard to find gorget?
    ....Or perhaps were both Political Leader flag bearers and the SA Feldherrnhalle both permitted to use this type of gorget???

Thoughts? Opinions??? Here are some scans of the pic. I had never seen this picture before.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader   SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader  

SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader

Here's my example of the gorget I'm talking about.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader   SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader  

SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader   SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader  

SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader   SA standarte Feldherrnhalle or Pol. Leader  

Another thought is that they are perhaps wearing another type of gorget that I don't recognize.......

Rob

Rob

A "cracker" as they say, I've had a couple of them in the past, so much detail

nice one!

The men in the photos are not wearing NSDAP standard bearers' prgets, as you have posted.

Bob Hritz

Thanks guys! Bob: it does seem the left and right top edges are rounder than the political leader I have.
    Still - I'd like to know what the gorgets are. They appear to have the same "eagle"...or perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Rob

You do knoe there is another distinct gorget worn by the feldernhalle right?

No. I wasn't aware that they had their own gorget. I've never seen this gorget before.....any chance you have some pics??

I'd love to see it! Thanks!

Rob

its in the osprey book on the sa post it tonite soon

Hey! That's great! Thanks....I don't have that book! I appreciate you posting the pic when you can!
    Cheers!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast