Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA TREFFIN 1931(first patten)original?

Article about: Hi there all you SA/political experts!!I'm interested in getting this 1931 TREFFEN tinnie,but I would like opinions on it's originality.I feel that this is a good one but with such a high nu

Default SA TREFFEN 1931(first patten)original?

Hi there all you SA/political experts!!I'm interested in getting this 1931 TREFFEN tinnie,but I would like opinions on it's originality.I feel that this is a good one but with such a high number of fakes around I would value your thoughts chaps.Thanks in advance, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA TREFFIN 1931(first patten)original?   SA TREFFIN 1931(first patten)original?  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 06-07-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA TREFFIN 1931(first patten)original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA TREFFIN 1931(first patten)original?

From Jamie Cross?

Looks a good one, maybe with a re-soldered or repaired pin? The 1st pattern's are scarce

No red flags that I can see-looks good. John is right-the 1st Patterns are fairly tough to come by. Crude resoldering job, though-but on a badge like this, it's not all that big of a deal.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    From Jamie Cross?

Looks a good one, maybe with a re-soldered or repaired pin? The 1st pattern's are scarce
    Hi John,yeah it's a Jamie cross,his stuff is usually pretty good(but a touch pricey!) Thanks for your thoughts, Leon.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    No red flags that I can see-looks good. John is right-the 1st Patterns are fairly tough to come by. Crude resoldering job, though-but on a badge like this, it's not all that big of a deal.
    Thanks William,good to hear. Leon.

I know Jamie very well, and although some people may think that he is pricey, I think in this world, you get what you pay for. Sometimes he comes under strong criticism, unfounded IMO But like most dealers you have to ride the storm, after all there are always "experts" that know everything . BUT Iv'e bought well from him, and he has from me. And to my mind, the price is on par with most 1st patterns that you see

?

Mine for comparison.
    Pete
    SA TREFFIN 1931(first patten)original?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I know Jamie very well, and although some people may think that he is pricey, I think in this world, you get what you pay for. Sometimes he comes under strong criticism, unfounded IMO But like most dealers you have to ride the storm, after all there are always "experts" that know everything . BUT Iv'e bought well from him, and he has from me. And to my mind, the price is on par with most 1st patterns that you see
    Hi John,i agree with you,i have bought a few items from Jamie's site in the past and they have all been nice pieces,and as you say "you get what you pay for!!"I personally only have good words to say on both the quality of his items and his service. Leon.