MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SA tunic, is it original?

Article about: Hello folks, I stumbled upon an 'original' SA tunic, it has all the insignia removed but still appears whole and has no damage. How much is it worth and is it original? Thanks Pics:

Default SA tunic, is it original?

Hello folks, I stumbled upon an 'original' SA tunic, it has all the insignia removed but still appears whole and has no damage. How much is it worth and is it original? Thanks

Pics:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA tunic, is it original?
    P
    Many

Better photo's would help.
    About prices: you must find out for yourself!

And by the way: it is not a tunic, but a brownshirt.

looks an original brownshirt to me.

Is it worth $300 or should I keep looking?

Bob Coleman would be the guy to ask on one of these shirts. You could try dropping him a PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Bob Coleman certainly is the best person to ask, however I can say with some confidence that it is an original SA shirt of late manufacture (1939 or after). I have one very similar. I imagine $300 is possibly a fair price but not a bargain and you will have to go to some trouble and expense to find the missing pieces. Many people on this forum advise against buying stripped uniforms, but of course its up to you and if you like it thats fine.

From the images, this appears to be a period original brown shirt that at one time had the 1939 pattern insignia. I personally do not like complete rebuilt uniforms but to each his own.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.